This past Tuesday night we had our "Be Thankful for Library Workers" dinner at Oliver's. It was just as delicious and fun as we knew it would be. Twenty-eight were in attendance. The workers are treated to dinner to show how much their contribution to the ministry means to us. After they had been appreciated, they turned around and gave me an appreciation gift for being their leader. With their gift, I purchased this.
But back to our library workers. We are blessed and honored to work for our Lord in such a rewarding ministry. But it never feels like work. We enjoy each others company so much, it is more like getting together for fun each week. And while we're having "fun", we accomplish a LOT. We check-out an average of 2,000 books each month to persons from about sixty different congregations within a one hundred mile radius. Over the years the work hasn't changed much but our lives have - - - - from family members celebrating graduations, marriages, children, and grandchildren and of course, some deaths. It is wonderful when the persons you work with become your friends. Giving them one delicious dinner a year is a very small token for 52 weeks worth of work. However, the dinner is just icing on the cake because what we do is actually just a small token of appreciation to our Lord who has already done so much for us!
Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord. I Corinthians 15:58
2 comments:
I like that box cover too. It's neat. I would imagine I would like a parallel Bible sometime. I'm still working on the one year chronological one from last Christmas. I'm going to try again this upcoming year since it has a day for each reading. I fell behind way too early, and I really would like to take the time to read completely through.
I, too, like that box cover!! What a great gift you picked out to remember your wonderful workers by. You do have a special group of people who work hard all out of their love for Jesus and for reading! They are special and you are the MOST special. I am finished reading the Bible in King James this year - been a long time since I had done that. Can't say it was the most refreshing but I did love coming to the passages once again that I memorized growing up. Also helped me get all my favorites underlined in the Bible I use here where the churches prefer KJV.
Post a Comment