Pages

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Still Christmas

If it is the week before Easter, why am I saying it is still Christmas?  Notice the flowers in bloom.  Previous owners of our home planted these along the property line.  That's pretty clever.
These are along the driveway.

And the picture below is why I said it is still Christmas.  This magazine subscription was a present  (at my request) from our older daughter.  Every two months for the next three years, I will have this Christmas present in my mailbox!!!  I love it.
Consider how the lilies grow.  They do not labor or spin.  Yet I tell you, not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these.  Luke 12:27

8 comments:

Rachel said...

Soo funny, the verse you have at the end of your post is the one I was recting yesterday. i was walking my dogs I recited bible verses, because i am not working my self bodily , but in mind also !

Laura said...

The flowers are beautiful. The trees look as though it's winter with all the brown leaves on the ground. Then in the mix of it all are flowers welcoming in Spring, and new life.

Fall has always been my favorite time of year, but as I'm getting older I'm seeing Spring in a whole new way! Each season is a gift, aren't we blessed.
Laura

Caribbean Cindy said...

The flowers are gorgeous!! How wonderful to enjoy the fruits of someone else's labor. When we live in the U.S. again, I am definitely having some of those!!! Hope you get some good recipes out of your magazine, too, because I know you will share!!!

Allen said...

Flowers down a property line. Now that is clever. Why did I not think of that. ::::shrugs::::

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

I just wanted to pop in and wish you the best Easter ever! Thanks for showin' us your bloomers! Heeeheheh!

God bless!!!

grammy said...

Hi, I came by from The Weather Vane.
I think your profile said you were from the South...but it seems awfully brown to me. What do I know. It is greening up here in Colorado, but the wind is freezing today.
I like to read the weight watchers magazine when I go to Borders (o:
I lost 40 pounds 3 years ago following the point system. Now I work at keeping it off (o:
Have a great Easter.
Grammy Pam

Pat said...

Geez, now I feel all guilty and everything reading PEOPLE magazine instead of WW like I SHOULD be reading. Nice going, Lynda! LOL!

Happy Easter!

grammy said...

by the way i was thinking Rotel (o:
I love it in recipes...mild... not hot (o:
Thanks for the comment at my place.