Pages

Friday, August 13, 2010

A/C Fixed

Hooray - - - the A/C is running again - - and has been running now non-stop since 4:30.  It had gotten up to 86 inside the house by the time the sun hit the "other side" of the house.

The problem was a spider broke the contact in or to the compressor and when it did, it broke the spider!  We have never had that happen before but now we know what to check again if there is a similar problem.  It was well worth the service call and 1/2 hour labor.  I compare that to the price of a new unit or a replacement part to fix the A/C.

My prayer had been that it would be an economical solution so $90 was quite acceptable especially when the serviceman drives from Dayton - - about 20 miles away.  They are the ones who installed our Lennox unit.  We will probably use them again when we need to replace our current furnace and or A/C.  We have been very pleased with the performance of our Lennox and also of their prompt service.

Thanks for your concern. - - - And thanks to the discussion a few weeks ago about comment moderation rather than password.  I really like that better, too!  Now I know when there are new comments and you all don't have to type a password.

The spider taketh hold with her hands, and is in kings' palaces.  Proverbs 30:28

12 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Glad you got it fixed! We had a couple warm days, now we will cool off again. When it get into the 60's at night we shut ours off:)

Anonymous said...

Hi Lynda, I am so thrilled that it was a quick and economical fix. Enjoy the weekend.

Laura said...

So happy you were a to have it fixed at a reasonable price...funny same thing happened to my parents a/c about a year ago. Must be more common than we thought, they showed them how to check it as well. I find it very odd! Nice that it was repaired before bedtime, sleeping in a warm house isn't comfy.

Elizabeth Mahlou said...

Not a good time to have the conditioner break down. We need to learn to build houses the way the Romans did -- structured so that nature took care of the air conditioning. I have been in some of those old ruins with temperatures outside above 100 degrees but balmy and breezy inside.

Pat said...

Glad it wasn't too costly to fix! My daughter's a/c went out, too, a few weeks ago! How did people survive before a/c? Yikes!

Rachel said...

So glad your a/c is feeling better .. I know you are too!

Anonymous said...

I'm happy that you are able to stay cool :-)

grammy said...

so glad you got that fixed
that heat would have been miserable
how did we use to do it???
I don't think I have a password thingie...
I like it so much better when I don't have to type and retype a word (o:

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Woohoo, your livin' life in the cool again! I'd say ya'll got by quite nicely for $90. A spider...who would of thunk it???

God bless ya and have a cool day sweetie!!!

Busy Bee Suz said...

I missed the post below...so I could not wallow away thinking of you being HOT. That is miserable...but I am so glad you made it through the other "cool side"!
A spider was the cause....I never liked spiders. I never will.
Take care, sleep well. Suz

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Lynda, Thanks for coming to my blog. I have enjoyed looking at yours... Your home is similar to ours ---with lots of shade trees and woods around... Where are you in TN? We're in Fairfield Glade--north of Crossville. It has been the hottest summer I can remember since we moved here in 2003... I am not anxiously awaiting Fall!!!!!

Please come back to my blog anytime --and I will return to yours. Sorry about your AC.... Hope it is fixed now....

Hugs,
Betsy

Caribbean Cindy said...

God is just so good to work all these things out, isn't He? Happy to know you are cool as ever!