Pages

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Foothills Fair



Friday was my husband's birthday.  We went to the Foothills Fair which is about 10 miles from our house.  My husband has been conscientious about the foods he eats but he loves corn dogs - - - so that is what he had for supper.


I only wanted popcorn because I had eaten pasta for lunch.


We did not ride any rides.  In younger days, they were a thrill but when you are close to over the hill, your body prefers smooth, solid ground.


Our main reason for going was to visit our daughter who was selling her homemade earrings.



Remember when we went to visit her on Labor Day weekend?  Besides having a nice day in the mountains, we helped her package her creations.


Her husband was busy that day pressure washing the house in preparation to re-apply stain and sealant. Obviously the lighter brown is the "washed" color.  He had already applied the stain inside the screened-in porch and it looked great.


And jumping back to the fair, these are some chickens we saw on the way to our car.  I had never seen a Silkie - - and the black outline on the other is very pretty.   These chickens are actually pets of a retired couple.  The fair organizers asked them to bring them for people - - like us - - to see.



And remember the link to my friend's blog in my last post?   I saw her name in the paper today for some winning entries at the fair for many homemade canned goods!

She . . . willingly works with her hands.   Proverbs 31:13b

12 comments:

Busy Bee Suz said...

The silkies are so pretty.
Happy birthday to your hubby. I DO hope your daughter was prosperous this weekend! I don't care for the fair much anymore (love solid ground too) but I do occasionally like a fresh corn dog!

Anonymous said...

Your post brings back memories of the fair when I was younger. I loved candy apples! Glad your husband got a corn dog for his birthday supper - he deserved a treat for the special occasion. Hope your daughter did well with her earrings. Thanks for sharing the chicken photos - they are beautiful. Hope you both have a good week.

At Home Together said...

It's hard to beat corndogs. Love all your pictures!

Jane said...

Oh, I love the fair! Ours will start in about 2 weeks, and I always enter the bread baking competition. I've never won, but it is still fun to enter. Maybe one day??

Jane

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Happy Birthday to your hubby... Sounds like you all had a wonderful time at the fair. Hope your daughter sold alot of earrings.

We all have some 'sinful ' things we like to eat... ha ha ... I love Chili hotdogs... ha

Cute chickens.
Hugs,
Betsy

George said...

The fair sounds like a great way to celebrate a birthday. I hope your husband had a great birthday (I'll bet the corn dog helped!). I've never seen any chickens like that Silkie you pictured.

Pat said...

Hope your husband had a nice birthday!

I can NOT believe that last photo of the chicken! Wow!

grammy said...

Hey...what a pretty Merry Go Round (o;
I can still ride on one of those
my hubbies BD is this weekend and we will be camping. I better figure out something for up there.
Loved going to the link and seeing the 'Walk'
what a great idea that was

Allen said...

Tell your Hubby happy birthday for me.

I was wondering if that was a real chicken in the last cage? It looks like one you would buy in the store and put in your kitchen.

West Side of Straight said...

I also love fairs - Cotty Candy my favorite treat! Love checking out all the animals too.

missy said...

We haven't been to that fair in several years but it would have ben neat to see those chickens!

NikonSniper said...

well happy birthday to the hubby.
i am totally with him on the corndogs. mustard please!
God bless.
nikonsniper steve