Pages

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Family Time


Christmas time is fun time with families.  Last Thursday, we spent a wonderful day in Copperhill with our younger daughter and her husband.   Our older daughter also accompanied us.  The above picture is a table-top decoration that makes you smile when you see it.  The jingle bell wreath below is very pretty and brings a grin to your face, too - - because it has jingle sounds and also happy faces on the bells.  I don't remember where Amanda got it but I have always enjoyed it being part of her decor.  I wish I had taken more pictures because she had decorated in many places.  Their Christmas village on the mantle looked especially good.





Here are Amanda and Joshua.  They prepared a wonderful luncheon for us that included deep-fried turkey (my husband's favorite), Asian meatballs, and applesauce cake.  I brought fruit salad made from my Grandmother's recipe.  The dressing for it is cooked pudding made from fruit juices which is then mixed with Cool-Whip the next day.  YUM!!!




And then there is me and my sweet husband.


Standing on the front porch, you can see a mountain far off in the distance.  It is Big Frog with an elevation of over four thousand feet.  I did not find any websites that agreed on the height but I liked the picture HERE so included it.



If you zoom in, you can see a bit of the definition due to the gorgeous sunlight.



And that's it for pre-Christmas activities.

And that these days should be remembered and kept throughout every generation, every family, every province, and every city . . . Esther 9:28

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos Lynda. Your daughter's home has a lovely view. Their lunch and your contributions sounds wonderful. Hope you have a good week. Stay warm and safe.

Buttercup said...

The lunch sounds great, especially the fruit salad. Made my way over from Jane's blog.

Bobbie said...

What beautiful photo's!! And what a nice time with your children... The luncheon sounds oh-so-good. Thanks for sharing these special moments.

Anonymous said...

The Christmas decor really does bring a smile to ones face! Also that is some beautiful scenery too! Your daughter and her husband look so nice together!!! And you and your husband look so great together also!!! What I like most is that everyone looks so happy, I Praise God for this!!! Looks like you all had a wonderful Blessed Christmas!!! I am so happy for you all!!!

God's Blessings to you, and everyone!!!

Lon

Amanda said...

I got the wreath from Hallmark a few years ago. We did have a very good time. Glad we used the tripod for family pictures. ;)

George said...

This sounds like a wonderful pre-Christmas get-together. The decorations are definitely cute. I really like the view from their front porch.

Busy Bee Suz said...

So lovely seeing photos of you and your family.
Love her decorations too, so festive.
That view out the front of their house is GORGEOUS!!!!!
Merry Christmas!!!!

Parsley said...

Looks like you had a blessed Christmas.

I enjoyed stopping by your blog.

grammy said...

Looks like a wonderful time (o:
Great picture too (o:
Now to get ready for the New Year.

Rae said...

I am so glad you shared your pictures. They are wonderful. It is a great picture of you and your hubby.

Pat said...

I liked the crafts - they were really cute!

That's a nice photo of you and your husband; also of your daughter and her husband!

Patsy said...

Great pictures of you and family.We are still eating on Christmas dinner. Now I think some Tex-Mex or south west would be good. LOL

Sr Crystal Mary Lindsey said...

Hello Lynda, Lovely to meet and greet you. We will be back in TN in February for a brief visit to hubbies family and our church one. I loved and worked there for 3 yrs. I hope its still snowing..Christmas and family go together, they are what makes it all worthwhile. Glad you have a wonderful one.
God Bless your New Year.
Love from Queensland Australia.