Pages

Monday, February 7, 2011

Cake & Cards

This tasted much better than the picture portrays.  I baked a German Chocolate Cake in a Tube or Bundt pan.  After the cake is done, you must refrigerate it and make sure it is cold before you can frost it  - - - and yes, the frosting fills the hole in the middle of the cake.



Some of you who are my age have probably made this frosting recipe.  You use a small package of instant pudding.  We like Chocolate Fudge when you can find it.  Mix on low with one cup of VERY cold milk and 1/4 cup of Confectioners Sugar.  Remove the beaters and fold in the small (regular size) thawed Cool-Whip with a spatula.  Immediately frost the cake and put it back in the refrigerator.  This cake tastes like chocolate heaven to us.  Question - - - how old is my Tupperware cake plate?  When is the last time you have seen gold-colored Tupperware?

This next one is for our local friends.  Do any of you have this?


If you do have a Cooke's Reward Card, are you having them scan it each time you shop?  I do and did not realize when you accumulate 400 points, they reward you with a TWENTY DOLLAR gift card!


What a great surprise at the end of a shopping trip!

Get wisdom - it's worth more than money.  Proverbs 16:16a  The Message

7 comments:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Your cake looks wonderful, Lynda... I have made that icing before... YUM!!!!

Never heard of Cooke's... Darn!!!!
Hugs,
Betsy

George said...

That cake looks delicious!
I'm not familiar with Cooke's -- I don't believe we have any stores like that over here. The gift card is a great reward.

Busy Bee Suz said...

I love good surprises like that.
The cake looks sinfully good. Green tupperware? I would guess from the 70's???? That stuff lasts FOREVER.

Rae said...

The cake looks good. I haven't seen that frosting recipe before though. I still have one of those gold tupperware cake plates and covers. It might be old but it still serves its purpose. I think mine is about 30 years old - maybe a little more.

grammy said...

That cake is just TOO yummy looking...(o:
We don't have a Cooke's here...good idea to get rewarded.

Anonymous said...

Looks really tasty!

Bobbie said...

Oh my goodness! I had forgotten about that frosting recipe. THANK YOU!!! I see a cake in my near future :)