Returning from Lake Lure last weekend, we drove through heavy rain AND even snow for about 20 miles beginning at Maggie Valley. With all the rain we had, the streams and rivers were rising and rapid. We probably saw over 3 dozen waterfalls and run-offs pouring down the mountains.
About Galinburg, we left the pure, untouched mountain views to the commercialism of the tourist area. I love having the choice of both. We enjoyed lunch in the Pigeon Forge area with a quick stop at Five Oaks Tanger Outlet.
Bill had never visited a Bass Pro Shop but we remedied that at Exit 407 before more interstate driving. (All the above pictures are from inside the store and the man climbing the wall is a mannequin.)
This weekend’s weather has been beautiful springtime temperatures and as you can see, there are quite a few things in bloom.
Forsythia
Daffodils
Hyacinths
Bradford Pear Trees - - - unbelievably gorgeous in the spring and fall. When they line both sides of a highway, it looks like someone has decorated for a wedding. However, the flowers don’t last very long and they STINK when in bloom. But they are still a feast for the eyes.
Enjoy your week!
The flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come..... Song of Solomon 2:12a







8 comments:
We sure have had a variety of weather haven't we? I really enjoyed this weekend and the mild temps allowed us to open some windows.
Hope you have a very nice week.
Hi Lynda, sounds like you had a great little trip. We saw lots of Bradford Pears in bloom in GA. SO far up here--only the Crocuses are blooming plus a few daffodils... We are running behind when it comes to spring colors!!!!! BUT--we did have a nice spring weekend here.
Thanks for sharing your trip with us.
Hugs,
Betsy
Those Bradford pear trees are stunning. I love seeing all the blossoming trees in Spring time. We still have another month or so before ours bloom. Looks like your hubby had a good time at the Bass Pro Shop.
Looks like you had a eventful time! I love the flowers pictures-beautiful-.
Beautiful blossoms... Hopefully we'll see some in a couple of months!
those pear trees are so pretty as they blossom! We used to live in Medford Oregon which is known for their pear trees but I don't remember ever seeing them blossom as pretty as these!! I thought that guy climbing the wall was a real guy, not a mannequin, LOL
seemed like it was a nice trip you had and so glad spring is all around you with new plants growing :)
betty
I LOVE those Bradford pears...stinky or not.
Really, you should have told us that was Bill rock climbing. I would have believed you.
Have a beautiful day!!!
Wow those trees are pretty. But stink? Seriously? That's too bad. The grapefruit, lemon and orange trees are all in bloom now and it's a sweet scent. It can be cloying at times, but I love it!
Post a Comment