Siblings - - the first time in ten a half years we were all in the same location!
Birth order L to R
Kev = #4; San = #2; Lynn = #1; and Rick = #3
Within the last two months, Rick and wife, Mary,
moved from downstate GA to be within 20 miles of Sandie. Kev made an impromptu visit from NY on Friday for the weekend. So my sweet husband and I decided we could drive five hours to join the other three.
We took lots of pictures.
Ate a LOT of food - - excellent barbecue.
Equally excellent Mexican lunch at Vera Cruz on Peach Orchard Road in Augusta, GA
Took a little time to 'smell the roses'
And just generally hung out and had fun together!
The four of us could write a book on the many experiences we have had in the last half century. We started out together, went many different directions geographically, but whenever we are together, we LOVE being with each other because we love each other a lot.
We stayed at my sister's new home.
It was just a couple of weeks after the anniversary of when her home burned last year. The new house is beautiful and spacious inside.
Living within 25 miles are her children and 'Princess' granddaughter (Mom is on the left). (If you ask the granddaughter what she plans to be when she grows up, she will tell you 'a princess'.)
The princess' dad was not present for this photo but had been there the previous evening.
A couple of friends of the family were there, too. Here is Melissa.
She is an amazing woman who has lived and fought with a serious blood disease for 10+ years. She is beautiful and vivacious. We are always delighted that she takes her time to visit with us when we are there - - but she is family to all of us so should be there!!!
Amber is a good friend who helped my sister a LOT with last year's clean-up - - - but the only picture I have of her is the back of her hat! She is a remarkable young woman, too who has served our country and is now in college.
And I saved the best picture for last - - my sweet husband
who drove 600 miles round trip - - - the worst part of it all was the horrendous traffic in Atlanta!!! We hits delays on the way down and then the HOV exit to 75 was CLOSED - - found that out at the last minute and could not merge over 4 lanes in a mile so detoured around until we could get back on 75 - - but Praise God - - - we arrived home safely.
Today was a wonderful Easter celebration worship service at our church - - - followed by an amazing dinner at my son-in-law's parents & grandmother's home. I've said it before but it bears repeating that we are honored and blessed to be including in their loving families' celebrations!!! They are wonderful people and have become precious friends.
He is not here: for he is risen , as he said . Come , see the place where the Lord lay . Matthew 28:6





16 comments:
Hi Lynda and thank you for sharing your family with us. Such joyful photos. This past week, I have been driving in Atlanta traffic more than usual. I remarked to John that if I were not from here, I would really be horrified of the traffic!!! It just gets worse and worse. Glad you got home safely. Have a great week.
Thanks for sharing these beautiful family photos. What a wonderful you all must have had together. I love my family and I love my family of friends. Am so grateful to be included in special times.
Great post! For some reason I can't see the picture right before the one of Aunt Sandie's house. It is just white with a red "x" in the corner. Not sure if it is like that for anyone else.
Gonna show this to Josh since he hasn't met most of them. :)
I was able to see it the second time I loaded the page. Hmmmm?
What a wonderful time I bet you all had! Love the picture of you all and that was so sweet of hubby to make that drive for you!
Wow Lynda.... What an awesome trip.. Just seeing the four of you together is so neat... You are so lucky to have a sister and two brothers... I'm the only one left in my family.
Hope you had a fabulous Easter. Seems like you did --with that wonderful family...
God Bless.
Hugs,
Betsy
So neat that you and your siblings could get together and enjoy the time shared!! Sounds like you had a great Easter today too!
betty
What fun you were all having. We had great time with our family this Easter.
How wonderful for you all to be together like that.
Great pictures and memories I am sure.
Your husband was a good sport for sure (o:
Glad you got to be with family on Easter.
I am so happy that you were able to be with all your siblings!!!!! Seeing the photos of the four of you fills my heart with good stuff.
There is nothing better than family and friends. SO happy your Sister has started a new life in her home after that tragedy. Bless her!!!!
Atlanta traffic is always the pitts....you need a helicopter!
It is always good to be with family and it looked as if you all enjoyed getting to be together.
You looked like you had a wonderful time! You had the perfect Easter gift !
Lovely photos thank you for sharing your family... and posting on my blog, it is nice to know you are being read!
How wonderful that you were able to be with your siblings! Family is important and I'm glad you had such a wonderful time with them!
I'm so glad that all of you were able to get together. It's been almost that long since I've been able to get together with both my brother and sister.
Your husband deserves a medal for braving Atlanta traffic. I stay away from Atlanta whenever possible.
Awwww, families are what it's all about and yours is just beautifully precious.
I'm so glad ya'll got to get together and have a grand time! The love shines through your pictures.
God bless and have a glorious day my sweet friend!!! :o)
Post a Comment