This cute donkey was part of our Easter Musical Celebration at our First Baptist Church this weekend. It was the only live animal. He walked through our sanctuary with the young man who was portraying Jesus - - and then walked out. Here he is calmly waiting to make his grand entrance. He was such a calm animal.
As you can see, there was a great turnout for this Easter Celebration Event. The cars in the background represent only about 1/3 of our parking lot. The sanctuary seats about 1,400 people. We were almost 100 percent full Friday and Saturday evening. Tonight there was an overflow crowd.
The music was phenomenal. We have an orchestra and band so all the music is live. Did I mention it was phenomenal and definitely gave our Lord glory and honor!
Last Sunday afternoon, our younger daughter and I went to see My Fair Lady at Lee University. They have two productions each school year and if you live in the area, they are well worth the price of the tickets. The music and costuming this year were exceptional! Amanda and I enjoyed ourselves immensely since this has always been one of our favorite shows. What is one of your favorite musicals?
And there's more I could write about this week but I have taken half a Benadryl and it's helped me fight the heavy pollen in the air - - but it has also made me very sleepy.
O come , let us sing unto the LORD: let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation!

10 comments:
Couldn't get the videos to open, but your church's presentation sounded awesome. Anything that gives God honor and glory is a hit in my eyes!! Glad you and your daughter enjoyed your time together seeing My Fair Lady! I know lots of people suffer greatly with allergies this time of year, hoping the Benadryl does indeed control any symptoms you may have.
betty
Your church's Easter musical touched many lives, I am sure. That's the sweetest little donkey! Hope you have a nice week. I'm struggling to stay awake with Benadryl too!
The donkey is adorable. I'm glad you and your daughter has a nice time at the "My Fair Lady".
I am so glad your Easter celebrations were enjoyed by so many!!!
Hugs for the sweet donkey. :0
My Fair Lady??? SOunds wonderful....my fave musical? Well, I really don't LOVE musicals...but does Mama Mia count????
Feel better!
xo
Hi Lynda, Looks like your church did a beautiful job depicting Palm Sunday yesterday... Our children went up and down the isles waving Palms while we sang Hosanna....
We have Maundy Thursday Service and then Good Friday Service this week.
I love My Fair Lady.... Glad you saw it... Beautiful musical.
Cute donkey.
Hugs,
Betsy
Looks like a great service. when I saw the donkey, I knew exactly what it was there for (o:
The musical at your church sounds wonderful, I would have enjoyed being there.
My Fair Lady is one of my very favorite musicals. I'm glad the college did a great job with it.
Cute Donkey..I took a llama and four dogs into the church at Christmas one time..the rest of the animals stayed in the parking lot for a live nativity..it was fun..people don't expect animals in church. I am very sorry about your kitty:(
You're Easter celebration looks awesome! I wish I lived close, I'd be there!! The donkey is precious.
My Fair Lady is a great play... but my very favorite of all time was Fiddler on the Roof.
Have a beautiful Easter weekend, Lynda.
I am a big fan of "My Fair Lady,"
but there are many others that I like, too. "South Pacific" is another big favorite.
Wishes to you and your family for a bright and blessed Easter.
Post a Comment