The limb came from near the top of this 75' tree beside our house.
Here is a close-up of the tree top.
The next picture is just to the right of the above tree. This came from an obviously dead tree that was about 15 feet away from the first tree. We are very blessed that both of these fell away from the house.
We generally have lots of limbs and branches so they get piled up and eventually burned. This pile has been building for at least a couple of months. It doesn't contain any of the stuff from above. (Neighbor's house in distance.)
It was not being cooperative in catching a flame. Bill worked and worked on it until it became a matter of principle that he would make it ignite. The (male) neighbor said, "Pour a little gasoline on it. That will get it going." Bill told him, "Lynda doesn't like it when I do that so I can't." Smart man!!!
Perseverance is beginning to pay off.
And then it started raining!
And in other news, our first-born has been looking at houses to buy. Here is the finalist. Now she waits on the bank, some corrections on the home inspection, etc.
Another major item this month is that Weight Watchers and I are happy partners - - thus far. I have averaged almost 2 pounds lost each week. This is the end of my third week. The beauty of the plan is you have 'extra points' to work with as well as activity points. Those help balance the days when over-eating happens - - - - and it happened about 4 times the last two weeks when we were treated to some special meals made by some precious friends.! For me to be able to lose weight is a major thing since I never really tried to slim down before. If - - WHEN - - I reach my goal, I will have to buy new clothes!!!
And put a knife to your throat if you are given to gluttony Proverbs 23:2 (This is definitely one for me to remember!)








10 comments:
Look forward to photos of your daughter's house. How exciting! I am a big Weight Watcher fan, though I am not very good at sticking with program, but it's the thing that is keeping me from outgrowing all the clothes that I have now.
Wind has been bad this year, we are now wishing for rain.
Weight Watchers is a good thing and the salad looks good. Nice big house.
good for you with your success on WW!! It is a great program!! amazing with the branches falling; so glad no significant damage has happened!! Hoping all work well for your oldest to be a home owner soon!
betty
I'm glad those fallen tree branches missed your house. Whew!
Congrats on the weight loss. Two pounds a week is the SMART way to do it!
We have had three thunderstorms with heavy winds this week but we don't have any trees nearby here. I'm thankful that you and your home are safe. Congrats and best wishes to your daughter on her home. Congrats to you too on your weight loss. Hope you have a wonderful week Lynda.
wow...big winds...big branches
we don't have that many trees around here...your yard looks like my in-laws in KC MO....looks like a jungle compared to here (o:
that verse is one all of us americans should learn (o:
I love WW keep working at it...I lost 40 pounds 4 years ago on it. I fight the few pounds that want to sneak back...I will not slip into that weight gain problem again...I worked too hard to get here (o:
Congrats on the weight loss...that is a wonderful feeling. (I wish I knew!) So glad your home was not damaged with the storms....Mother Nature is serious. ;)
I hope the house sale goes through...keep us posted!
Good luck with WW. I started doing the online version again and it kept shutting down on me, just like before... so I quit. I'm glad you're doing well on it, and I can't wait to watch your continued success!!!!
Hi There, So glad to get home and back to blogging. We did have a fabulous trip--but home is pretty nice also!!!!!
We read about all of the bad storms your area has had. Knoxville has had a rough time. We were lucky here in the Glade.
Tell hubby to be careful when working with brush fires... We had a friend who died once from smoke due to a brush fire. Scary!!!!!
Hugs,
Betsy
I'm glad those falling tree limbs missed your house. We obviously had some wind here while we were gone, but no major damage. We did have a number of sticks and small limbs to pick up before I could mow the grass. Our rain gauge was full when we got home, so we obviously had a great deal of rain, but that helped all the roses survive while we were gone.
Post a Comment