These colors are some of our favorites from the Color Collection at Sherwin-Williams.
http://www.sherwin-williams.com/do_it_yourself/hgtvhome/color_collections/ On HGTV, we saw they had coordinated color palettes where you could combine any of 20 colors and they would compliment each other - - no matter which ones you used. (You will see all the colors below the pictures of the room on the above link.)
I am not color-blind but I am definitely challenged when it comes to decorating. The color collection idea was made for people like me!!!
And the best part is there is a great sale this weekend - - 40% off paints and stains. I will be there tomorrow to get paint for the first room we will paint after our daughter gets completely moved into her new home in about a week.
. . . have you ever seen color and design quite like it? Luke 12:27b The Message




9 comments:
I am also 'challenged' when it comes to things like selecting colors for a room. But the rooms in the color collection do look very nice.
I am not good with colors, but can see that you have some nice ones selected. Good luck. I need to be painting too!
Well ---I do know what I like... I am a 'neutral' person ---so my carpet is a dark mossy green --and my walls are an off-white... BORING I know!!!!!
Hugs,
Betsy
I know your daughter must be getting very excited. Great that the paint is on sale. I am so happy to be finished with all painting projects and for the house to smell like a home instead of paint!!!
I'm definitely "coastal cool." I need to repaint, but I'm putting it off until I'm not working full-time. Right now my walls are pale gray and have muted green trim. I'm challenged, too, but a friend who is an architect helped me when I first painted. Your colors look great.
My daughter told me about this collection and how once you choose a color - they show you all the colors that coordinate with it. How nice is that? Funny - we are going to help my daughter paint HER house, too! What we won't do for our kids, huh?
Picking a paint color can be such a challenge. (you should see my cabinet full of samples!) I love that SW tries to make it easy for you with all the info on their site...I have used ONLY SW paints for the last 15 years.
And seeing the 'super paint' on sale....makes me want to purchase some. That is a great price...that paint is great!
Best of luck. Can't wait to see the end results!
Love the samples you have shown already.
well I missed the weekend sale...
We paint very SELDOM...
I always say my husband could work on a whole neighborhood of cars before he could paint one room in our house.
When we did a room in the basement...while we were empty nester...(ha...it only lasted 6 months) we made it into a craft room- office. I took a long time to pick out the paint...then two sets of kids moved back in and bye bye craft-room (o:
We also have a boring off white room. It's pretty big because it is an add on with lots of windows but I just can't decide on a color. I need to do some research because I am also very color challenged.
Post a Comment