Pages

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Celebration #2

  
 Clock on Lee Campus
Last weekend was a whirlwind of activity.  Even when you plan things to be spread out on your calendar, sometimes things happen and you end up doing everything at one time or for three days non-stop!

Thursday, July 28 - - all the locks were changed on the older daughter’s house so she could begin moving in.  Our son-in-law’s precious, precious parents were in town with Dad's truck so they moved the larger pieces late that evening after work.  My equally precious friends, Barbara R and Connie F worked the library so I could take the day off.  Words or presents could never be enough to appreciate them for the gift of time they gave to me.
 Sandie & Me on Monday Morning
Friday, July 29 - - My super sweet sister, Sandie, came over from Augusta.   With her was daughter, Carrie, and granddaughter, Cobii.  We met for lunch at Lombardi’s for pizza - - - then the pace accelerated.  The three ladies from Augusta chopped a BUNCH of produce for a party on Saturday.  Then the terrific trio packed two vehicles of boxes from my living room and took it to the ‘new’ house.
 Meanwhile, Barbara R and I went to the youth building where my son-in-law is youth pastor.  She and I set up for Saturday’s party.  Notice we labeled each dish so we wouldn't have to think when it came time to fill them the next day.
At 6:30, it was time to attend the Commissioning Service at Lee University for Amanda’s graduating class.  Commissioning is a bit like baccalaureate in high school except the speakers are some of the graduates who talk about their academic/spiritual/social experiences.   Each graduate is given a Bible at the end of the service.
 Amanda in her Master's gown with her new Bible.
 This ceremony is always followed by a very nice buffet.

(Graduation & Luncheon pictures will be on the next post.)

All these you must eat in the Presence of God, your God, in the place God, your God, chooses . . . You are to celebrate in the Presence of God, your God . . Deuteronomy 12:18

7 comments:

Busy Bee Suz said...

You must be exhausted! So much going on...and luckily is is ALL good stuff!!! Congrats to Amanda; that is a wonderful achievement.
Remember to breathe. :)

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Wow---busy time in your family... Glad your got the older daughter moved...

Congrats to Amanda... That's SUPER.
Hugs,
Betsy

Amanda said...

Good picture of you & Aunt Sandie.

George said...

You definitely had a couple of very busy days, but I assume that the move went well with all the help. The buffet looks as if it was a big success as well.

Patsy said...

Congratulation! to a job well done by every one and the most to Amanda.

Pat said...

First off, I NEVER think about changing the locks on a house. That's a smart idea!

I like how you set up the dishes the night before. Sure makes it easier! You guys must have done this before!

Moving is a lot of work! But with an organized bunch, it must go fast!

Congrats to your daughter on her achievement!

Allen said...

Well you sound as organized as I am. I like having every thing ready.

I should know I had to move twice this year. Ugh I really hate moving.

Grats to Amanda

Allen