This week we had our annual appreciation banquet for our First Baptist Library Workers.
In past years, we have had potluck dinners. At one point, someone said it's not a party if they have to work before they get there - - - - so we started going to local restaurants.
Our church's food ministry has cooked for us before and we chose to let them bless us again this year.
They decorated the tables and served our plates individually.
The menu was steak medallions, baby bakers (potatoes), vegetable medley, tossed salad, dinner rolls, and dessert was a choice of pecan or apple pie. It was absolutely more than delicious!
We had a man we all admire present an after dinner talk.
Our library workers are the greatest people to work with in ministry. We all enjoy each others company and accomplish a lot of work when we are together. One meal a year hardly seems enough appreciation.
And a big THANK YOU goes to my sweet husband. He finished the painting on our new wall. It has the Dry-loc and a Satin-Finish coat of Sherwin Williams "Snowbound".
As you can see, we are beginning to put "stuff" back where it belongs. I have missed my basement pantry. We aren't hoarders. It's just nice to have ingredients when you are ready to cook. The reason for so much soup is sales and coupons. For those of you who cook with Swanson's chicken broth, the cans are fifty cents at Wal-Mart and fifty-nine cents at Target this week. We stock up for the winter since this sale seems to only occur around Thanksgiving. About the Chunky Soup - - - Bill likes it if he comes home for lunch. It's quick and quite tasty.
The gray wall you see will also be painted. It is the one that was repaired with the fiberglass screen and concrete. It seems to be dry but the color is not all consistent yet so we are waiting a few more days to be sure before paint is applied. It feels sooooooo good to have some things back in place. There are many more hours to go down there because there is dirt on most everything - - - - but dirt is fine to deal with when you have walls!!!
We give thanks to God always for you all, making mention of you in our prayers . . .
1 Thessalonians 1:2a









14 comments:
Looks like a wonderful appreciation dinner, Lynda... I know how special all of those volunteers are. Like you said, you can't say "Thank You" enough for them... Such a great group...
Glad you are getting your house all back to normal...
Hugs,
Betsy
The decorations for the banquet are really pretty. It sounds like it was a lovely affair.
That looks like a very nice dinner for the appreciation dinner for the library workers! I am sure a good time was held by all! The walls are looking good!! Hubby likes soup for lunch too so we have lots of cans here too; always looking for a good deal on them :)
enjoy the week ahead!
betty
Your appreciation banquet looks amazing...and the food sounds delish!!!!
So happy your basement is getting back to normal and I really admire your stocked shelves!!!!!
The center pieces were so nice for the fall banquet.
The basement pantry is wonderful. I saw a new book to me of Francine Rivers for the library, "The Scribe" .
I love all the decorations, hope you had a wonderful time! I know that your team of volunteers are great and it shows when you walk into the library.
Your basement looks great, and thanks for the tip on the chicken broth! I just read the other day a very easy way to make homemade, I'm thinking of trying it. I'll let you know if I do.
Have a great week!
Laura
So glad your walls are repaired...I did stock up on chicken broth. Target has canned veg. for 49 cents right now.
The dinner looked great.
Seems like ya'll have a great appreciation banquet for some great workers.
I loved the decorations.
Thanks for the tip sweetie.
God bless and have a marvelous day! :o)
Lynda,
The bounty on the shelves in your basement is what "couponers" call a stockpile. I don't do much but Sally usually saves quite a bit with her coupons. The basement looks great...so nice and bright now. Hope all of you have Happy Thanksgiving. All of my kids and grandkids will be coming home. Mass pandemonium!!! But fun too. Blessings and love, Nancy W.
What a nice banquet! The food ~ oh, it sounds so yummy!! It's nice that they thank you in such a special way. Everything looked beautiful!
The table settings for your appreciation dinner were beautiful. Some creative person put in a lot of work. But, of course, the menu sounded pretty fabulous as well.
I'm glad you're getting your basement back.
Lovely centerpieces! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.
Everything looks great,the decorations are pretty, what a great job by the volunteers. Hope you have a wonderful thanksgiving.
The banquet sounds lovely and the decorations are terrific. So glad you can get your "stuff" back. I keep a lot of soup around, too. Tomorrow is carrot ginger soup time.
Post a Comment