We reseeded our yard today with 75 pounds of Fescue seed. We purchased this from Beaty's on Wildwood. They were recommended by someone who has not steered us wrong yet. Beaty's delivered the seed and bales of straw for us.
I went a little crazy with the straw to start with. There is a lot of beautiful winter rye grass underneath that straw . . . and the straw is not as thick as it looks. It's just the camera angle. As you will see in the next picture, the winter rye grew beautifully.
The grass held the bare ground and kept it from washing off in the heavy rains. However, the winter rye cannot survive the heat and drought of our summers. Remember these pictures from the week before Christmas?
We have come a long way in the five months since the basement wall collapsed.
On a day when many are wearing green and celebrating a man (St. Patrick) who gave God glory and honor by spreading the message of forgiveness and salvation - - - we, too Praise God for His protection, provision, and strength in this chapter of our lives!
Praise the Lord! Praise the Lord, O my soul! While I live, I will praise the Lord; I will sing praises to my God while I have my being! Psalm 146: 1-2








9 comments:
A fitting house color for St. Patrick's Day! That is a lot of fescue seed and a lot of reseeding! I'm sure it was a good productive work day and I'm sure you're sleeping well tonight! A lot of hard work you both are doing to get the house into the shape you want it to be! Keep up your diligence to do so!
betty
It has been an amazing story of God's protection and guidance since that rainy day.
Big project all right. I got tired of trying to maintain a lawn under all the oak trees. And converting it slowly to shady wildflower gardens... :)
Yes! "Praise the Lord", the last three words found in the book of Psalm.
Congrats, Lynda... You all have a brand new home --and yard---almost!!!!! It will be gorgeous when it's all finished. I'm so happy for you. Sorry that it happened to begin with ---but it's in great shape NOW...
Hugs,
Betsy
You and your home have come a long way....love seeing all this green. :) {my favorite color and favorite theme!}
Your yard and home are looking wonderful.....a lovely haven for you and your family.
xoxo
It looks as if you are going to have a beautiful lawn t go with the new basement wall. Your home certainly looks better than it did early this winter.
Blessings to you. You have made a lot of progress on the house and yard since the damage.
Your yard is looking great. Praising God again for protecting you when that wall fell! You have made so much progress!
Post a Comment