Pages

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Last Week

On Monday, March 20 - - - - the man who owns the roofing company said, "We can do your roof tomorrow."
We weren't expecting him until June.  We hadn't even picked out shingles yet. 
However, this roofing company owner is in high demand so we were thankful to get him earlier than expected.  My husband went out on his lunch hour and picked the shingle color.

Bright and early on Tuesday morning, they began the job - - - worked thirteen hours that day - - - and finished before noon on Wednesday.  The shingles have blue, brown, and gray in them.  They look great on the house!
On Friday and Saturday, we had already planned to be in the Sevierville/Pigeon Forge area with our younger daughter and her husband.  Our first stop was at the Apple Barn Restaurant.

We went in the gift shop to get cinnamon apple jelly for our older daughter.  I saw this sign and thought it was fitting for this time in our lives!
No trip up there is complete without us visiting this mall.  We did not buy much there this time - - - didn't see anything that we "needed" or even wanted - - other than a couple of items of clothing.  Is it just me or is it more difficult to buy clothes?  Tops are cut low and the knits are very thin.

This week has been busy - - -especially at work.  The reading program finished up and totals had to be figured so gift cards could be ordered.  Computer servers were being moved and offices shifted which caused only a slight inconvenience to us. 

At home, we are playing a bit of "catch-up" after being gone last Saturday.  We are just trying to stay even with cleaning up the yellow pine pollen, hard-shelled bugs, and strings of beaded seeds that are falling.  It's the yuckiest time of year for allergies in our area but it too will pass.  How do you like our supervisor?  He is guarding the remainder of our basement blocks that will be used  in another project.

Yea, the fir trees rejoice at thee  Isaiah 14:8


10 comments:

Buttercup said...

So nice to have the roof done! I'm with you on buying clothes. I have a hard time finding things that look good and fit. I end up with turtlenecks in every color.
Wishes for a greet week!

Amanda said...

Isn't Gingerale so majestic? Hope you've had time to catch up.

Anonymous said...

I love your supervisor!
I'm with you, I don't see clothes that I even like any more!
We are struggling with pollen here too.
Your shingles are very nice. Glad that is checked off you to-do list.

Blessings to you and yours.

Busy Bee Suz said...

I love that your roof is getting done early....much less getting DONE!
I have a heck of a time finding clothes to fit me too...seems everything is made for 12 year olds or 90 year olds. :)
I DO love that sign....and it is inspiring to me. I honestly can't wait to be a Grandma. But then again...I REALLY can wait! At least 10 years or so.
Love your yard guard...so majestic and cute.
Glad all is well...you are missed.
xoxo

betty said...

Such a cute sign!! I bet you are eagerly awaiting the new arrival! How fun with the roof, LOL, we are due to get a new one in the next week or so; I'm not sure how Koda will "enjoy" the noise it will create!

betty

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Wow Lynda, You really are going to have a brand new home... Awesome!!! Love your roof tile colors...

The supervisor has things well in hand!!!!!

Have a blessed Sunday.
Hugs,
Betsy

Anonymous said...

Nancy
Ward

Hope you had fun in G'Burg and P Forge! House is looking nice! I too have trouble finding clothes...they make them much smaller these days, don't you think??? LOL Thought you might find it interesting to know that one of my best friends in high school and her hubby own the Apple Barn restaurant and the orchard! We've gone in to see her when we are there if we can catch her in the office, that is.

Breaking news flash....Sally, Allen and family have moved to the Lafayette area. Pennefield transferred Allen from the main campus in Union Point to the North campus in Lafayette. They bought a home there and closed on it Thursday so we've had a busy couple of days helping them move in and get things ready to sleep there tonight. First night in their new home! Exciting! This is one VERY tired Mama and Meme.
Love you my very dear friend.

Bobbie said...

I love that sign, great mothers promoted to grand mothers!! So glad your roof is coming along.. Hope you're having a great week.

grammy said...

Your house and yard has come such a long way...
great job on everything (o:
Bet it feels good to have the roof all taken care of.

Caribbean Cindy said...

I like the shingles and am so happy they could do it sooner rather than later. Glad you got a fun trip in, too!!