Pages

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Friends





Today my younger daughter and I went to the wedding of family friends.  The bride was in Bible Study with Amanda as well as having university connections.  The wedding was at Lee University Chapel.  It's the first time we had seen it since it was built.  It is GORGEOUS!



The reception was held in a renovated barn.  The owners also have a plant nursery.  Although I took the pictures with my phone, perhaps you can still get an idea of how beautifully it was decorated.  Both sides of the long barn had azaleas, lilacs, green trees, and trees that were just branches which were decorated with lights.



It was exquisite both visually as well as in fragrance.  The lilacs' aroma was delicious!




This was one of the most organized weddings & receptions I have attended.  We had an extremely enjoyable time - - - - - got to meet some new friends at our table who liked to converse as much as me!



The flowers above were given to me earlier this week by the grandmother of the bride.  She and I became friends in the library when she moved here almost ten years ago.  It is a bouquet for Easter.  The vase was scalloped at the top to look like a broken eggshell.  For those who live in Cleveland, Perry's Petals did this arrangement.
A co-worker friend had a significant birthday this week.  One of her friends gave her a balloon bouquet.



When she entered the front door - - - as seen here in the top of the picture, she was greeted by paper footprints leading to the library door.   The footprints were numbered beginning with "one".
They ended with her new age!  For those who know her, they would tell you she does not look five decades old!  She liked our footprint joke.



And tomorrow we will be with more friends - - - our son-in-law's family.  We will first worship with him and our daughter before joining all of them for lunch.

This week has been very good - - - - I hesitate to say it's almost been normal because the last time I said that, it got a bit hectic and crazy again.    We have some more construction that needs completion at our house but can schedule it is when it is convenient for us now - - rather than because it is an emergency.

However, the weekends keep us VERY busy with the usual chores and occasionally we complete an optional project.  It's nice to do optional.  My sweet husband worked extremely hard today.  This morning was a bit easy.  It was the annual (free) Hazardous Waste Day where multiple organizations combine to collect trash that needs special disposal - - - - - like paints, chemicals, medicines, computer monitors.  Then this afternoon and evening, Bill mowed our "new yard" for the first time.  It was very tiring as the ground is still settling so it is more than a little lumpy in spots.  He is so precious.

 - - - and it's time to hang up - - - gave you more to read than you might have bargained on.

  A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly : and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother.    Proverbs 18:24

9 comments:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Lynda, Must have been an awesome wedding... The setting is gorgeous!!!!

And what a cute birthday celebration... Reminded me of how my 'friends' decorated my office when I turned 50....Oh MY GOSH.....You should have seen it!!! ha

Have a Blessed Easter.
Hugs,
Betsy

betty said...

What a pretty flower arrangement you got from your friend! Very springy! Sounds like a wonderful wedding you and daughter got to go to today; gorgeous surroundings for it; glad you both had a great time! Glad to hear too things were somewhat normal last week for you and hubby; now onto celebrating Jesus' resurrection tomorrow; enjoy!

betty

Buttercup said...

What a fun week. I've spent the last two evenings with friends I met in high school and we had wonderful celebrations. Feel so blessed. Wishes for a bright and beautiful Easter!

Terra said...

You are having a fun week with so many celebrations, and the wedding sounded beautifully decorated. I love flowers and plants and the reception looked festive.

Caribbean Cindy said...

Pretty fun week there celebrating lots of special things and people! Nice for it to end with Resurrection Sunday. Or I guess that might be the beginning of this week! That wedding place is so special to me. I could visit it everyday and feel so close to God there! Love the flowers you received!

Amanda said...

Very adorable vase. I like the birthday decorations too. I enjoyed the wedding. I'm glad her day was extra special.

Bobbie said...

What a fun birthday party!! You are busy, busy, busy!! I hope you had a great and blessed Easter!

Busy Bee Suz said...

The wedding and barn look spectacular....so original and sweet.
Love your flower arrangement; you are surrounded by wonderful people!
I can't wait to see your new grass. ;)
Take care,
Suz

grammy said...

Great special occasions pictures....wonderful flowers.
You have been busy in a good way (o: