Today was the first baby shower for Benjamin Thomas! It was given by the members of our son-in-law's parents' church family. Joshua was a member there for years as well as their youth pastor.
The theme was ducks. It was inspired by a punch recipe. I don't know what their proportions were today but I know they used the blue Hawaiian Punch, White Grape Juice, a soda like Sprite, and vanilla ice cream.
At first I wasn't sure what I was going to think of the taste but this was DELICIOUS! I highly recommend it if you need it for any theme dealing with blue - - - even a beach theme.
My husband and I were thankful to be included with this group who loves our "kids". They did a beautiful job and also gave them some very nice and useful gifts. And as a bonus, we got to eat lunch at "Mamaw's house" before the baby shower. She is does an amazing job of cooking for her family every Sunday.
Last night was all about the grandson, too. Amanda and I went to a BIG consignment sale. We had early admission since she is a consignor and Bill and I are helping with the clean-up for this next weekend. I was able to get furniture type items for our home that retail for $270 - - - - for only $118. Those in town know the Ashley-Lauren Sale being held this next week. You can see pictures if you go to the link. Not shown on their website is the furniture in the outside tent.
Yesterday - - before last night's sale - - - we worked in the yard. My contribution is to weed eat and cut "volunteers" for up to an hour each week. Even at that, it is going to be amazing if I ever get my part done. Bill does mowing and clearing - - sticks, limbs, and tree trash on the roof. It is very difficult on his sinus at this time of year - - - however now is the time for the most moderate temperatures. What you see below is just a very small portion of what was on the roof and in the gutters.
We won't even have the discussion about gutters and stuff not getting in them, etc. We have a history with that, too. Instead I will say it has been a great weekend - - a bit tiring - - - but Praise God for health and energy to do these things!
. . . . for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God. Psalm 43:5b







15 comments:
Hi Lynda, I know you are excited to be a Grandma soon... Looks like a very cute shower...
Thank Goodness we have covered gutters since our yard is full of that Pin Oak 'stuff'.... I've been sweeping the deck and sidewalks all week!!!
Have a great week.
Hugs,
Betsy
What a cute idea for a shower and what a great name for your grandson! That punch does sound like it can be delicious! Sounds like a great sale you were able to be part of!! Hope the week ahead is a good one!
betty
I am not familiar with this punch recipe, but it sure is pretty!
Oh, I remember the pollen "squiggles" from our last home. They are really bad on allergies.
Hope you have a good Monday, Lynda.
What a happy day for you all.
Cutest cake and the punch sounds great! I did love the color! So happy that you could see them loved on by friends. You and Bill are very diligent in your yard work. I know your place is looking so good! Thanks for sharing the fun times of your weekend!
I love that punch idea...
the grands would love it ... even without a baby shower (o:
Yard work can be very tiring!!! It is the season though.
The punch looks both tasty and FUN. And I love fun.
I love the baby's name...when is she due to have him? It seems like her pregnancy has gone by so fast...says the woman who is NOT carrying a baby. ;)
The consignment sale sounds great. Are you guys setting up a semi-nursery at your house too?
I am so excited for you all.
The yard work? NOT so exciting, but necessary.
xoxo
Oh Miss Lynda, what a cute, cute shower. I shall remember the 'blue' punch too. Ya never know when ya might need some!!! heeheehehe!
What a sweet, sweet baby name!
God bless ya sweetie and have yourself a sunshiny kinda day!!! :o)
WOW, love the punch...to cute! And I know you must be getting so excited about being a Grandma! We too bought some goodies from the consignment sale, how wonderful to buy gently used clothes.
Hope you had a great weekend, and that your Monday is super!
Laura
The shower looks like it was a wonderful affair. I understand all the work that needs to be done in the yard and around the house this time of the year. I've been keeping busy trying to stay ahead of the weeds, but they're winning.
Lynda, so fun to catch up a little here. Firstly, I'm thankful to read and see that things are better with your house. I remember reading about your basement wall collapse. I think you have come a long way since then - Praise God! (your house is lovely by the way!). Loved the blue punch and the shower festivities. And if you are the designated weed eater in your family.. I say "You Go Girl!" The W.E. and I have never been friends. If you can recommend a good one for this wimpy gal.. I'd sure appreciate it ;) -Tammy
The pics are so cute. I am happy for all of you.
That baby shower with the ducks theme is adorable; having the yellow duck swimming in the blue "pond" is clever. Thanks for your kind words about my Christmas book, dear friend.
'Just poppin' by to wish ya a beautiful day sweetie!!! :o)
God bless ya
I'm not sure how I missed this post. The shower theme is adorable. You must be so excited. I so appreciate all of your thoughtful comments and prayers. Have a sweet Saturday!
Post a Comment