Pages

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Covering HIS World

Today there were 136 quilts on display.  These were made by the women who meet once a month to sew and fellowship together.
This sign tells the reason for the display.
This is the logo for the QWAP - - Quilters with a Purpose.
No comments necessary on the rest - - - - just a very few pictures of what I saw.
 




Summer Reading Registration officially began today.  We were soooooo busy that I didn't even get totals of today's circulation when I left tonight.  This morning we checked out 247 items!  Tonight was more than steady, too.  I will update those numbers on our library blog this week.
Lunch today was comfort food - - something we ate growing up at home.  It's potatoes, onions, and hot dogs.  VERY delicious!   I did use some butter for frying but also olive oil.  The onions are Vidalia and the hot dogs are Hebrew National.

Just about each night this week, we have finished washing, repairing, or painting in the guest room.  I will show you pics of the completion on another post.  It looks great and I have the best husband for all the energy he has expended in there.
Most of your posts have been read this week - - - don't know if I will have time to comment or not - - - but will try. . . . . . till next time.

 Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with your might . . Ecclesiastes 9:10a

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

The quilts are lovely and what a great project.
Your supper looks very tasty and I can't wait to see your new room!
Have a very nice week.

Amanda said...

Quilts look really neat. I would have enjoyed seeing them I'm sure. I bet they could raise some money for the same cause if they made up about 20 or so to auction.

betty said...

What a labor of love with those quilts, all looked beautiful in the pictures you shared! Love your lunch; that does look like comfort food indeed! WTG to you and your hubby for your hard work getting the guest room up and running!!!

That is an impressive number for the reading program!! I'm sure it will be enjoyed by all!

betty

Patsy said...

Great post, we eat Hebrew National to, cute link

Caribbean Cindy said...

Thanks for sharing the quilts with all of us. I would have loved to see each one in person. What a great ministry. Supper sounded good, too!

MH said...

Sorry we had to miss the quilts, but enjoyed seeing them in your great pictures.

Busy Bee Suz said...

Those quilts are just gorgeous...and what a wonderful cause too!
I can't tell you how gross that meal looked at first...and then all of a sudden I want to make it! :)
Your husband is wonderful. But you already knew that.
Take care,
Suz

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

What a wonderfully worthwhile project your quilt project is. There are some beauties there for sure!!!

God bless ya sweetie and have an amazin' day!!! :o)

Judi said...

hi there..
the quilts are beautiful...I bet you could spend soooo much time just walking around and looking at the beautiful details and colours. Just lovely..
I love that kind of dinner. Its something we had when we were growing up too! Yum and it is comfort food..
have a great evening..
come by and visit I have a GIVEAWAY..
Judi

Buttercup said...

Lovely quilts and what a great cause. Whether you get to visit Buttercup's or not, know that you are in my prayers.

grammy said...

How amazing and beautiful!!
I see you guys are still improving and working on the house. I get tired just seeing and hearing about it (o: