Happy Mother's Day to me and all of you, my Blog Friends! Yes, that corsage in the above picture is mine!!! My older daughter gave it to me. It gave me great pride to wear it to church. The interesting thing is there were less than half a dozen of us wearing flowers - - - in a crowd of over 2,500. How many of you remember when the majority of females wore flowers on Mother's Day?
It was a great day - - - got to celebrate with my favorite people - - - my immediate family and our younger daughter's in-laws. We had a lovely and delicious time together.
So what do you think this is?
Are you thinking dessert of some sort - - - - strawberry or cherry flavored? It does look luscious, doesn't it? Well - - - it is actually not pink, it is more of a lavender - - - and it's not food - - - - - it's this:
The cool thing about this product is it paints on light purple and when it turns white, it's dry! Is that cool or what? It sure doesn't take much to entertain me, does it?
The Spackling followed wall washing. I think I mentioned to you before that Sherwin Williams said the surfaces should be cleaned with white vinegar because it leaves no chemical residue.
We are just thrilled to be back working in the guest room yesterday and hope nothing else major disrupts us. This is what we were doing last fall before our foundation rebuild.
As you know, painting prep can take more time than painting. This is how we have split the work - - - we both scraped the textured ceiling. I wash walls and Spackle. Bill does sanding and usually most of the painting - - which we will hopefully start this week. In addition to it, Bill has worked a LOT of hours in our yard this weekend, too.
My hours this past week - - - along with ALL my co-workers - - - have been invested in final preparations for our summer reading program. Last year we had 479 children enrolled.
If you're interested in seeing more of what's happening at work with me, you can go to our library link.
"Her children rise up and call her blessed; Her husband also, and he praises her." Proverbs 31:28




8 comments:
So glad you had a good day. The flowers are lovely and I thought the spackling was strawberry ice cream. Thanks so much for your post and prayers. Much, much appreciated!
Wow, that is a lot of kids registered for the reading program; that is awesome!
Beautiful corsage! I remember my MIL would always get a corsage to wear on Easter and Mother's Day from either her husband or sons. Today at church I think I saw two corsages (we have a small church, so probably at that service were only 50-60 people).
LOL I thought it was some dessert, how fascinating with spackling!
betty
That is a lovely corsage your daughter gave you. Glad you enjoyed your day.
Hi There, I'm trying to begin catching up -after being gone for a week.
Gorgeous corsage. Sounds like you had a wonderful Mother's Day. I did too--but always think of my sweet Mama on this date. Mama has been gone since 1991 --but I still miss her.
That spackling stuff does look like pudding!!!!! Glad you are getting your home back to 'normal' now.
Hugs,
Betsy
Your corsage is beautiful. I've heard news reports about how many flowers are sold for Mother's Day, but corsages are now very rare indeed. Your reading program sounds very successful. I hope this year is just as wonderful.
If you and Bill would like to have some more rooms to work on, you are more than welcome to come to our house.
I was ready to get the recipe for that yummy looking...stuff (o:
The reading program looks like it will be a big hit.
Happy belated Mother's day to you too!
I vaguely remember my Grandma wearing a corsage to church for Mother's day. {Surely, my Uncle got it for her and not my silly Dad!} This formality is falling to the wayside just like dressing up for church. Or even more so...remember when we dressed up to fly in an airplane? I used to get a new outfit for that.
Um, yes, your spackling looks great...I wonder how high in calories it is? :)
Happy you are making progress and I can't believe that summer programs are right around the corner!!!!
xoxo
I remember that board VERY well. So many children will be blessed through the reading program. It's a wonderful ministry!
Post a Comment