I am discovering new apps for my phone - - either through recommendations or in magazines. One was a free pedometer so I downloaded it. It was easy enough to figure out - - or so I thought. It showed a map and took my location. I thought it would show how far I traveled across the United States because it showed that map first. What a great incentive to see how long it would take to go to the west coast!
The phone was in my pocket as I was getting ready for work. Before I got in the car, it showed I had taken 500 steps. That seemed a decent start for the day. Work is 5.9 miles away. Walking from the parking lot to the inside of the building is a short distance. When I got to my desk, I decided to look at the pedometer again and it said I had walked over eight thousand steps!!!
My first thought was the pedometer was broken but then I discovered it was measuring my steps by the distance I traveled - - - using the GPS! Naturally I had to tell everyone what had happened. We laughed about it.
After turning the GPS off, I discovered the device only counted steps when my phone was unlocked which meant the screen was always lit - - - and running down the battery quicker. End result - - that app has been deleted!
After turning the GPS off, I discovered the device only counted steps when my phone was unlocked which meant the screen was always lit - - - and running down the battery quicker. End result - - that app has been deleted!
However Life*IQ by Reader's Digest is a fun game that has some very helpful information and it's free!
And totally unrelated to anything else, have you tried this?
It's really good. We will probably use it frequently.
Salt is good, but if the salt loses its flavor, how will you season it? Mark 9:50a

5 comments:
Too cute about the pedometer! Yes, does sound like the good "old fashioned" pedometer still offers the best solution! Was lookin' pretty impressive there for awhile though, huh? :) Happy Labor Day! -Tammy
Thank you for the pedometer fail...it really made me laugh. Sounds like something myself or someone else in my house could do! {You are in good company}
I think we have a seasoning similar to this one; salt free as well.
Have a great day!
xo
I had not heard about the 8,000 steps. That was a great laugh! Thanks! I have tried the seasoning and we LOVE it. Hope you enjoyed your looooooongg weekend. See you tomorrow!
Cute story! I'll look for the grilling blend. Sounds good and good for us!
I have a pedometer app. I can show it to you next time I see you if you want to try again. It does use GPS as well but I'm able to turn it off so that it doesn't run the battery down.
Post a Comment