Pages

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Retirement

Last Sunday I was recognized by one of our co-pastors for my fifteen years of service as our church library director.  Also, it was the public announcement of my retirement - - - at the end of this week!!!   I am so excited - - because I will be babysitting our grandson full-time in January while his mom teaches.

Transitioning the leadership at work while continuing to serve the public has kept us very busy.  That means blogging has taking a back seat to the rest of life.  Hopefully I will be able to post more frequently very, very soon!

Our other pastor honored me with this Scripture at our library workers' appreciation dinner last month.   . . . . Well done, thou good and faithful servant  . . . . Matthew 25:21
God has blessed me in an overwhelming way.  All I have done is try to hear HIS voice, work hard to accomplish HIS direction, and treat others the way I would like to be treated.  It has amazed me to see what HE can accomplish through a willing servant.  My praise and thankfulness to HIM overflows.

9 comments:

betty said...

How exciting! So close for your retirement! Congrats on it!! And I know you will be enjoying each and everyone of your retirement days!

betty

Buttercup said...

Beautiful picture! Many blessings as you move into this next phase. May you have many happy and healthy years of retirement! Hope to be right behind you come the spring.

Bobbie said...

AWESOME!! Congratulations on your retirement! What better way to spend it too!

Anonymous said...

You look beautiful, Lynda. Congrats and may God bless you as you start a new chapter in your life. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Busy Bee Suz said...

You know what? They are all so lucky to have had you in their service! You are so awesome....so wonderful and dedicated. I love the photo of you on stage; you deserve so much for all of your hard work.
Enjoy each moment of attention!
Wishing you and your family a beautiful Christmas!
XOXOXO

Pat said...

That is a wonderful photo of you! Congratulations and happy retirement! You will enjoy babysitting your grandson, I'm sure! Have a wonderful Christmas!

Linda said...

How wonderful, Lynda! Congratulations to you. Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

How nice that your church still has a library. Ours was dismantled this year, at the direction of the education pastor. Made no sense to me, but this woman is rather high strung and high minded so it happened. Few people used the library any more, and most of the volumes were quite outdated. Also, our church has no one like you to do the work. I have been working on the church archives (130 years' worth) that are housed in what was once the library. I am waiting for the high strung lady to tell me to get rid of all that "old" stuff.

Sammy and Missy Parris said...

This is a wonderful picture of you. I know you'll enjoy that wonderful grandson of yours. How wonderful you can spend so much time with him!!!
Missy