![]() |
| Me - My junior year in high school. |
About four years before the above picture of me was made, the Beatles came to America. Tonight we got to hear their songs done live by the Classical Musical Tour. As the spokesman said, this concert was for those who may have never heard a live Beatles Concert. It was fantastic! If they are ever near you, it would be well worth your time and money to attend.
The interesting thing is the "Beatles" perform with a live orchestra from the city where the concert is held. Our orchestra was from Lee University - - also the location of the concert. The college kids did a phenomenal job.
The funny thing about the concert was to view those in the audience - - - - the majority OVER SIXTY and some were definitely in their seventies. Many were just short of using walkers but were rocking out to the music. Their attire was extremely conservative. It would have been interesting to compare their look today with that of almost fifty years ago.
Lee University has a lot of outstanding accomplishments. One other noteworthy one was held this week at the Presidential Inauguration when the Lee University Festival Choir performed some of the preliminary entertainment. The above link was just one of the many songs they sang.
And with all that said - - it's time for bed. As my younger daughter reminded us - - - not to be out or up too late since we are responsible to watch her child tomorrow!
The LORD is my strength and song, and HE is become my salvation: HE is my God, . . . . . . . . . . . . and I will exalt him. Exodus 15:2

11 comments:
What a pretty young lady! ;) Sounds like MY kind of concert. The local arts council in our local small town has been sponsoring some really good ones. Friday is a pianist I believe. I should go! Love the comment from your youngest daughter :) -Tammy
Miss Lynda,
Your post made me smile, cause I had a customer come in to my Staples copy center wanting me to enlarge two pictures of the Beatles.
I hope all is well with you and your family!
Allen
Sounded like a fun evening!! Maybe you can catch a nap today if Benjamin sleeps :)
betty
The concert sounds like a blast. Who doesn't love the Beatles? No one, that's who.
Love the video clips from Lee U. They are so awesome....how sweet to perform at such a special event!
Get some sleep...you've got work to do. Sweet work.
XOXO
Time surely does fly! Very interesting info today.
What fun...and how cute your were way back when! So glad you had a good time and had a walk down memory lane:)
Now hope you got your rest for they sweet boy the next day...I'm missing pictures and stories of him on here and Amanda's blog.
Have a great weekend!
Laura
That does sound fun. The picture makes you look tall!
Where DID the time go? I remember the Ed Sullivan show when the Beatles came to the USA for the first time. That was a big deal, wasn't it!
I'm so glad you participated -- and WON - Buttercup's "name DK" ... so I could find you, Lynda.
Since my son and his family are firmly rooted in Alabama, I totally "get" the Miss Lynda reference. In fact, I love how the young people are so mannerly in the South. :)
The Beatles? Being stuck in a little town the size of a saucer, I'd have died to see them in person. Instead, I had to content myself with taking a picture of them on the Ed Sullivan show ... and you can guess how THAT photo came out. (not)
Wishing you a sweet evening!
Myra (aka Mevely317)
I know I'd enjoy that concert. I'll have to be on the lookout for it to come closer to NYC. Your prize is in the mail. Happy reading and happy Sunday!
I never much cared for The Beatles music..or Elvis either for that matter..I have weird taste in music...I like the oldies from the 1950's and early 1960's and that is all.
Congratulation on your retirement!! I hope you are getting to do some thing that you want too..in addition to that fab little person you are spoiling:)
Post a Comment