Pages

Sunday, February 10, 2013

LOVE-ly Week!

Some weeks feel like you are continually going uphill!
Remember I told you in the last post that our neighborhood is hilly.   Our house is at the top of the hill.  This is just part of my walk.  I can actually feel that my "core muscles" have been strengthened this week.  It feels like I have done bunches of sit-ups!
 

 One day we saw all these cobwebs in a wooded area.  That is not a usual occurrence.  They looked quite pretty though with the sunlight reflecting off of them.

Benjamin and I were pleased to find time to take our daily walk because there had been a lot of activity at our house.  We discontinued our Charter TV-Internet Service and switched to DirecTV and Uverse.  We had no complaints with Charter other than the price for the amount of stations offered.  Every second year the cost goes up.  The only way to keep it constant is to drop some stations.  My husband has mentioned to them it is not a good way to treat loyal customers.  The deciding factor was when a buddy of his became a new customer of Charter and got a much better package for much less money than we are charged.  Our monthly bill with our new providers is almost half as much as it has been in the past.
Long story short, we had service men here four or five different days in one week.  This was in addition to our kitchen oven burning out a few days earlier and my husband's car breaking down and being in the shop for a couple of days.  (Car is fixed.  Stove is probably going to have to be replaced.  It's old - needs a new wiring harness which has been discontinued cuz the stove is old!  For safety's sake, we will shop for a new one - - but there is no rush.)
As you can see though, life went on as normal for Benjamin!  He added some additional cuteness with this outfit!
His Nana (paternal grandmother) bought this for him.  Yes, that is the mascot, Smokey, on the hood.

This past week has been almost a vacation with only Benjamin here and not a bunch of technicians, etc.   Plus I received a nice gift in the mail from Buttercup!  Thank you, Carol!
Hope this week is LOVEly for you!   Tell someone or a bunch of someones how much you LOVE having them in your life!

Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mindMatthew 22:37
 

13 comments:

betty said...

Benjamin is just so adorable!!! Glad you are out getting your exercise and seeing progress in your core muscle strengthening! Keep up the good work with it!

betty

Anonymous said...

Cute photos of Benjamin!
Connie, Far Side blog, has had cable tv issues lately too!
Sorry about the car and oven. When it rains, it pours, huh?
I had to have a tooth crowned last week - Happy Valentine's Day to me!!!
Hope the rain stops and you and the baby can get out for a nice walk.

Karen said...

Have a wonderful week. I love that mascot cap!!

amy @ Life in Pink Hi-Tops said...

Benjamin is adorable. I understand about Charter. Ever time our bill goes up my husband calls and gets us a new rate. I don't know how he does it, but it works! Shopping for a new stove could be great fun! Glad the car is fixed.

TexWisGirl said...

he is such a cutie! yeah, i think i need an incline here - or two. :)

Linda said...

What a darling! Benjamin is so sweet!

Busy Bee Suz said...

Could he get any cuter? I think NOT!!!
Doesn't it seem when one thing breaks down, several others are in line??? Glad all is well again. Kudos to you for the good exercise. Retirement is looking good from your (hilly) angle. :)
Xo

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Lynda, Benjamin is adorable. I know you are loving having him around.. That is NEAT....

Sorry about the car and the oven... When it rains, it pours sometimes!!!!!!

We have had DirecTV for several years, and they work hard at keeping good customers. Think you will enjoy it.

Hugs,
Betsy

Pat said...

Sounds like you are enjoying your retirement and spending your time with Benjamin so much! Taking him for walks is so good for both of you!

Judi said...

Hi Lynda
Oh my that little Benjamin is so adorable. I love his little outfit too. Sweet.
Well you certainly have had lots going on around you...well I guess it was time to get a new oven and car problems too!
It sounds like the walking is really showing...good for you! And its nice to have your camera along and taking neat pictures..and share with us.

hope you've had a great weekend and have a good week.
Judi

George said...

Benjamin is a cutie! We've been very happy with DirecTV, so we hope you will be as well.

Pamela said...

What a cutie! Squeezable! The book looks interesting and any new book makes for a great week. I'm vacationing in Florida and plan on taking my book out to the veranda to read today.

Buttercup said...

Hope you enjoy the book. Benjamin looks so cute and I am sure, is great company.
I've been thinking about what I can cut without much sacrifice, too, and am thinking about my land line.