Pages

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Green Games!

The rocking horse is solid wood.  The cat is real.  She wanted to be the center of attention so knew where to stand.  The horse only cost $10.  (Ten dollars!)  The cat has cost us more than that in the last 13 years!
I bought the horse and these other toys at the Bows to Toes Consignment Sale.  There are only two days left to shop.  These toys are in EXCELLENT shape.
In these days of conserving resources, recycling, etc. - - - shopping consignment is one great option to employ.
Of course, these were purchased for Benjamin.  In this picture he is chewing on an ice cube to help those gums feel better while cutting teeth.  The bottom two have broken through.
As one of his sleepers says - - 
If you think you need to see one or two more pictures of him, his mom has them posted HERE.

 
Hast thou given the horse strength?  Job 39:19a




11 comments:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

You got some good deals at the Consignment Sale... The church in Hendersonville does this a couple of times a year, and my friend buys all kinds of neat things for her grandchildren...

Benjamin is such a cutie... I remember those teething days!!!!

Hugs,
Betsy

betty said...

My gosh, he's so cute! and cutting teeth already!! Good to shop consignment sales like this; everything looks in excellent condition! I'm sure Benjamin will enjoy playing with them all over the years.

betty

TexWisGirl said...

great finds! they deserve to be used again as they just don't wear out that easily. like your cat (and the comment about cost, too.) :)

George said...

Benjamin is really growing, and I'm sure he'll love the toys you got for him. I like his sleeper.

Karen said...

What a find! He will enjoy these for months to come! He is adorable.

Busy Bee Suz said...

Consignment toys are the best way to go!! You are being very green. :) He is a doll....already with the teeth? How does that happen so quickly?
XO

Linda said...

Hi Lynda, great post and lovely photos. Benjamin is really sweet and that wooden rocking horse brings back some great childhood memories. Love the cat, too.

Laura said...

Hi! hope you are enjoying your sweet boy and staying home :) Love the toys great picks, and resale is such the way to go! Hope your having a wonderful week.

Anonymous said...

He is adorable. I just visited your daughter's blog and loved her photos, too.

Pat said...

He is adorable!

I like going to GoodWill or other consignment shops in the area to see what I can find.

looks like you got a good deal!

Dorothy said...

Thanks for your comments on my blog!! Cute pictures and good bargains!