Pages

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

One of these things is not like the other . . . .

Do you remember that kids' song that began, "One of these things is not like the other . . . . .?"  It taught "same and different".  Apply that song/concept to these trees.  Obviously the one in the center is without leaves - - - and dead - - - and close to the back of our house.
We had made repeated calls to a recommended tree service a couple of weeks earlier than the day this was cut but they did not return our messages.  Then on May 17, this young man, Steve Foust, showed up with his wife, Michelle.  They were making cold calls and handing out business cards.  He gave us an excellent price to drop the tree.
 He is licensed, bonded, and insured - - but since I had never met either of them, we called their insurance company to verify coverage before we authorized his services.
As you can see, he was able to begin work and had the 80 ft tree down quite rapidly.  Steve LOVES this work.  It made me nervous to watch him at times because heights terrify me.
He and his wife are very, very sweet and polite.  They did exactly what they wrote in the estimate.


It may be obvious that we have an "old" forest behind our home.
In the future, we will again be calling 
 
He will cut down the thickets of the forest with iron . . .  Isaiah 10:34a

10 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

kismet, for sure, that he came by. glad he was reliable and well-priced and nice, too. :)

Anonymous said...

It is refreshing to meet a couple who honor their word. Glad you got this taken care of before it did damage.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

If I can be nosy, how much did you pay? We have a big tree that may have to come down. It's losing all of its leaves this spring. The tree looks okay--but obviously there is something wrong.

Wonder if that tree service will come to Crossville???

Hugs,
Betsy

Linda said...

It is a good thing that you called before authorizing them to work. It is nice that they honour their word.

Busy Bee Suz said...

What a blessing he came by!!!! I could never do that type of work either....too scary for me!
XO

Karen said...

I admire someone who can do this kind of work! (Not me!)

Laura said...

One work needed...YIKES!!!! What a job, those are some tall trees!

George said...

It's wonderful that you were able to get your tree taken down by such a professional husband-wife team. I wouldn't be surprised if the Lord had something to do with their coming by your house.

Savories of life said...

I hope the storm did not hit you. I was told it was not just Missouri and IL that had damage . Praise God we are OK!

Buttercup said...

Steve was certainly sent to you! Thanks for your sweet message. It feels a little odd to be blogging in the middle of the morning, but I think I can get used to it. :)