Pages

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Summer Vacation!

These chairs were outside of one of our grocery stores.  They are plastic but the colors were fun and happy!  They are just part of the signs that summer vacation is here.  Elementary and high schools had their last day of classes on Wednesday.
That means I am done babysitting for a couple of months.  Mr. Benjamin got to have a bit of a "party schedule" on a couple of days this week.  One afternoon we met his mom after work at Smoothie King.  You can see he is noticing the cup is almost empty.  I have learned to take a big bib even though he is getting neater.

Isn't he looking so big?  Last year at this time, he still had two months "to go" before he was even born!  Time has certainly flown by this year.  We are blessed to live so close by and will probably see him about once weekly when she is in town or we drive to their house.
I was talking with my husband and daughters earlier about this being the first summer I have had a two month vacation from employment - - - in YEARS!!!  It is exciting!  My plans are to work on some projects that I am unable to do when Benjamin is here.  One thing I learned quite some time back is to write things down so you don't have a jumble in your head trying to remember what you need to do.  Being a visual learner, this works very well for me.  As you can see, my projects are listed by rooms/areas with the specific projects on the back of the card.  They are alphabetized in the small notebook.  I am definitely not OCD but have found a bit of organization does make life easier.
 So after this weekend (company coming), yet another transition into a new schedule begins for us!!


"While the earth remains, Seedtime and harvest, Cold and heat, Winter and summer, And day and night Shall not cease."  Genesis 8:22

6 comments:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

You and hubby need to get out and do some traveling during these two months also... It's such a good chance!!!

As much as I love home, traveling has been fabulous for George and me. We never stay away too long (2-3 weeks is the longest for us) --but seeing more of our beautiful country is just awesome!!!

Good Luck during the summer. I"m sure you will find LOTS and LOTS to do!!!

Hugs,
Betsy

Anonymous said...

Benjamin has really grown! Hope you enjoy every minute of your summer. Wishing you a nice, safe Memorial Day weekend.

Lynda said...

Betsy - - Bill is not retired yet - - just me so our travel time is still going to be limited to his time off. However, we are beginning to plan a large trip in a couple of years.

TexWisGirl said...

he's so cute! i know you will miss him every day, but at least he's close.

good luck with 2 mos. of projects!

Busy Bee Suz said...

He is almost a toddler....sitting up, using a straw. Please make it stop. :) But adorable as always....it is so wonderful you've been able to spend so much quality time together.
I hope your summer is perfect and you can accomplish much of your list there. BTW: I love how you've organized your to-do lists!!!
and yes, those chairs are so visually appealing to me too!
XOXO

George said...

I like the picture of Benjamin eye-ing the cup. He is certainly growing fast. I hope you will enjoy your vacation and find time for some fun things as for projects at home.