Pages

Thursday, June 6, 2013

May 26, 2013

Here are a couple of pictures that should have been posted
on yesterday's entry when we met for lunch last weekend.
My sister's older granddaughter is the pretty blonde girl.
My husband, Bill, is holding our grandson, Benjamin.
Benjamin's parents, Amanda (our younger daughter) and Joshua, 
and my cute husband again!
usually has many pictures of the baby - - who is almost a year old already!
Sunday's sight-seeing was a trip to the Tennessee Railroad Museum which is in Chattanooga.  Sandie, Cobii, and I went there after church.
The lobby inside.  There is also a gift shop and snack bar.
Non-operational trains outside the front entrance.  A couple are museum displays inside.
My sister, Sandie.  She is sixteen months younger than me.
The return trip of the ride scheduled before us.
There are various places and times you can travel as well as different durations of rides.  We took the Missionary Ridge train which is about an hour.  At this point we had just come out of the tunnel (you can see our smoke).  You are allowed outside of the last car if you want to ride there on the platform.
Our engine at the turntable.
On the turntable.
Cobii getting to look inside the engine and coal car.
We had a great time that day.  It's an activity that has walking - -
but also opportunity to sit and relax!


. . . travel with us, Exodus 34:9b



10 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

cute little blondie!

i like the old wooden benches in the terminal.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

We took that same train ride once.. I remember going through that long tunnel... Neat little ride.

Great pictures of the family. Glad your sister and her granddaughter could visit. My middle son is 16 months older than his little brother.

Hope you are having a good day and not getting too much rain.. I heard that Athens had some severe weather yesterday...

Hugs,
Betsy

Pat said...

Looks like a fun trip for both adults AND kids! Who doesn't like a train ride?

Benjamin is getting so big!

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed the photos very much.

Joyful said...

I've never been to Tennessee. Your pics are great and show a nice place to visit. Blessings. xx

Busy Bee Suz said...

Your grandniece is adorable....I bet she just eats up little Benjamin. What a nice family outing for you all; love the museum!

George said...

We took this ride several years ago. I wouldn't mind doing it again one of these days.

Linda said...

Awwww....sweet little girl! I love trains! I really wish that they would keep old trains and make them into diners or museums. Perhaps they could make hotels out of old ships as well. Thank you so much for sharing, Lynda, what a fun post!

Caribbean Cindy said...

I have never been to the Tennessee Railroad Museum but your post made me want to go! Love the fun you are having all over the area!!

Caribbean Cindy said...

I have never been to the Tennessee Railroad Museum but your post made me want to go! Love the fun you are having all over the area!!