This was taken in January of this year when the four of us siblings were together at my sister's home. We don't see each other as a group very often since Kevin (far right) lives in NY State. Rick (far left) and Sandie (second from right) lived 13 miles apart at this time. I live five hours from them in TN. We had a great visit that weekend but did not know it would be the last picture of the four of us.
Our brother, Rick, age 59, died this past weekend. It was a terrible shock to us because it was very unexpected. It was a horrible few days for us.
Rick was proficient in many things. You wished he was your gardener because he had a "green thumb" that was evidenced in the many beautiful flower gardens at his home. His favorite hobby - - a passion - - was meteorology. He wasn't a storm chaser in a vehicle but you could count on a text from him if weather was bad in your area. Of course he was checking on our welfare and safety but he also wanted to know some of the details of the severity of the wind and precipitation. We still have the weather station on our wall that he gave to us years ago. It gives good readings on the barometric pressure, temperature, and humidity.
Rick,
You should know the sunshine left us this weekend and lots of precipitation fell - - - from our eyes. You were loved and will be greatly missed. I am anticipating our reunion in heaven where we will have all eternity together.
Love,Lynn
A time to be born , and a time to die . . . Ecclesiastes 3:2a


14 comments:
OH Lynda, I'm so very very sorry to hear this. I know that Rick was so special to you and the other siblings. God Bless ALL of you...
Hugs and Prayers,
Betsy
Oh my goodness. I am truly sorry for your loss. I can only imagine how heartbroken you and your family are right now. I can tell from his smile what a nice man Rick is.
I do hope that all the warm memories of your sweet brother fill your heart at this difficult time.
XOXOXO
Suz
i am so, so very sorry, lynda. the loss of a parent is sad and renders one feeling like you are now forever cut-off from the past. the loss of a sibling, however, feels like a piece of the present is cut from your heart. i am so sorry for the loss of your brother.
Oh, Lynda, I am so very sorry for your loss. He sounds like a wonderful man. I pray for your healing and know that you will be together in heaven someday.
I'm very sorry to hear about the death of your brother Rick. Fortunately you have wonderful memories for now and the assurance of a future together in heaven.
Oh my, Lynda. I am so very sorry for your loss, and much too soon at only age 59. Please know that you are all in my prayers as you travel this journey of loss. We are blessed in our faith, and know that it is only a short time apart before we will be together for eternity, in the loving embrace of our Lord, Jesus Christ. Love & hugs, dear friend.
Lynda, my heart goes out to you. I am so sorry for your loss! This is a beautiful photo. Sending you a warm hug across the miles.
Oh Lynda, I'm so very sorry to hear this. My prayers and thoughts are with you and your siblings at this time.
What a glorious day it will be when we are all celebrating in glory with our Savior and loved ones.
OH NO:( I am soooo sorry for your loss sweet friend! I will be praying for you and your family! BIG HUGS and prayers coming your way!
Lynda, I am so very sorry for your loss. May God richly bless each of you during this difficult time. With love Mildred
How sad for you and the siblings left behind. I lost a sister years ago. I miss her still but I know she is in a much better place and I hope to see her again some day. Hugs. xx
I, too, was very sorry to learn about your brother, Lynda. I have not lost a sibling so I can only imagine the pain in it. I know that you were a great sister to him and that he definitely knew that you loved and cared for him. I look forward to Heaven more and more as the number of loved ones there grows. Glad you have that assurance!
Lynda, I am SO sorry about your brother Rick. What a special fella!! Things can truly change in the blink of an eye.. and they do. I know you are thankful for that precious picture of all four of you. We lost my husband's brother last summer. He had visited after being away for several years... and passed just a few short weeks later. I think he knew - and I am so thankful that I *pushed* everyone for a group picture then. Lots of love and hugs sent to you ♥♥♥ -Tammy
Sorry to read about your brothers death. He was so young, my sympathy:)
Post a Comment