Pages

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Better Weekend

I was taking Benjamin back to his mom's school on Friday and saw this on the side of the road in front of the BP Convenience Store at Durkee Rd & Waterlevel Hwy.  There was a sign out front but when you are going 45 mph and building to 55, it's best to watch the road rather than gaze on the side of it.  Since I had time on the way home, I stopped and took a picture.  Someone was obviously trying to catch our attention - - which they did.  I pulled into the parking lot that was bumper to bumper.  I never saw the sign for the event but they were selling grilled sandwiches and also Nascar tickets?!!!  Not the usual scenery we see everyday though.
 These came in the mail for me yesterday from Sweet Buttercup.
They are beautiful and make me smile when I look at them.  I am sorry about the shadow - - should have retaken the picture but knew I wouldn't get this posted until maybe later if I did.
Does anyone eat at Subway?  We go there about every 10 days.  We met our older daughter for supper there one night.  The picture doesn't do the produce justice.  It really looked beautiful and fresh as they had just refilled the bins.
 The weather has been cooler which I enjoy a lot more than summer heat.  We are thankful it has not been the typical high temperatures.  No Global Warming in our state this year!

And we are about to leave to go back to church for an evening class taught by Jon Reese.  He does an excellent job of preparing, making you think, and including the class in discussion to begin to draw conclusions.  He was a new teacher to us this summer and we enjoy his teaching style and the challenge to our spiritual growth.

Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.   2 Timothy 2:15




18 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a delightful package from Buttercup.

Subway is very close to us and we eat there about every 2 weeks. With all the talk of tainted lettuce, we do decline the lettuce.

TexWisGirl said...

i like the tree camo on that truck! cool! beautiful card set!

Terri D said...

Oh yes, we enjoy Subway, too! The sandwiches are always so good, with all the fresh veggies.

That truck on the car does make for a good advertisement, but who would have thought they would be selling sandwiches?!

Enjoy your lovely weather!!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

We used to eat at Subway alot when George was working in Lebanon.. I'd pick him up and take him to lunch there... Loved it--but haven't been there in a long time.

Neat package you got from Buttercup... That is special.

Hugs,
Betsy

Pat said...

I certainly would have looked twice if I saw that huge truck on the side of the road! Although what that has to do with NASCAR is beyond me!

Pretty cards!

I really don't care for Subway anymore. I feel like they are giving out smaller and smaller portions of their meat.

Busy Bee Suz said...

Congrats on your sweet winnings!
The truck on the car sure would have captured my attention as well; so funny.
I do enjoy subway....they have great tuna; although I usually get a veggie sub. Yummo!

Patsy said...

Yes we eat at Subway some time and now we have a new one close to our home.
So sorry about the loss of your brother.

Linda said...

I ate only once at Subway. I am not big on sandwiches, to be honest. I love soups, salads and main dishes. Love that card set!

Pamela said...

We love Subway, too. I'm a new fan of their chopped salad.

George said...

I've always liked the freshness of the Subway ingredients. As Betsy said, we used to eat there quite often. I can see why the car and truck on the side of the road got your attention.

Judi said...

Hi Lynda
Well wasn't that a surprise to see the truck/car scene....nice that you stopped too and got sandwiches.

I like subway too and I LOVE the fixings. When I go to Subway with a friend she always says I eat my daily veggies because I like to load up with everything...yummy. I do that with hot dogs and hamburgers too.

The package you received from your friend is lovely...don't you love getting things in the mail?...especially from a special friend.

Hope you have a great weekend and the weather is lovely and its special.


Theresa said...

I love to eat at Subway! Fresh bread makes for a YUMMY sandwich:) Have a blessed day dear Lynda, HUGS!

Karen said...

That was sure a good eye-catcher! When I had a little gift shop, I'd try to put something eye-catching in the window display. Once I had a gigantic pumpkin, All the kids pointed it out to their parents!

Buttercup said...

Thanks for the shout-out. The cards are lovely and I'm glad you get to enjoy them. I'm a Subway fan, too. I probably stop at one every two weeks. I know I can get a healthy sandwich with lots of veggies. Hope you're having a good weekend.

amy @ Life in Pink Hi-Tops said...

Pretty cards. I'm getting hungry just looking at the Subway counter!

Joyful said...

I think those vehicles on the side of the road would certainly get my attention ;-)

I do love the prints/paintings that you got in the mail. They are lovely colours and sweet subject matter.

I do eat at Subway. I especially drop by there on my way to get my nails done as I'm usually running late for lunch!

Caribbean Cindy said...

That truck and car were so funny. I loved that you got a photo of it! Not something you see every day for sure!

Flat Creek Farm said...

Such pretty florals in your package! And what an attention-grabber in that first photo.. wow, just wow :) I ♥ Subway, although I don't eat there too often. Very good way to eat healthy! Glad you've had some nice weather. Sounds like an excellent class at your church. Hubby and I enjoyed a nice 10 week class over the summer at our closest country church.. it was a dvd series by Chip Ingram. We both enjoyed it very much, and learned lots! Next up - Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University :) Happy Labor Day - hope you and yours are doing well! -Tammy