Has anyone else tried the Boar's Head Rosemary/Sun-dried Ham? It is delicious - - - especially if you make it as a slider on the Hawaiian Rolls with a small slice of swiss cheese and thin slivers of pineapple between the ham. Pop it in the microwave long enough to slightly melt the cheese. Quite yummy! That ham would be quite tasty on a pizza, too.
Benjamin and I started Kindermusik this semester. It is quite informative regarding development and entertaining activity, too.
He got his first stomach virus last night. It is going all around town. You don't even want me to give you a list of those who have had it. It's too long and you don't know the people! We are praying his parents don't get it or Grammy either!
Our older daughter turned THIRTY-FIVE this week. She requested a sewing party with me and her sister after we had dinner here. Both girls have been re-fashioning "previously loved" clothing. They can find almost new items for next to nothing at consignment stores. I am impressed at the new designs they create.
Bill and I had not watched any Downton Abbey episodes before Christmas. I received Season One as a requested gift. We are now two episodes away from finishing Season Two - - recently started watching two a night! We will be about caught up with everyone else in a couple of weeks. We are enjoying it.
And my list of projects still is long but I got to work a bit more in the basement today - - - sorting and tossing. I should take pictures of the bags I take to the trash or give to stores like Goodwill or ReStore! It would be truly gratifying. Also, I should begin counting how much I take to the recycling center. How do two adults use so much "stuff" that can be repurposed? Do you all have recycling centers or curbside pick-up? The latter would be a luxury!
And I hope to have more pics next time.
14 comments:
That ham sounds good... I'll have to check it out... I'd love one of your Sliders please!!!!!
Hope Sweet Benjamin is feeling better. Those stomach bugs can make you feel yuky.
Glad you are enjoying Downton Abbey. I've never seen it --but have heard how good it is. One of our favorite shows on TV is Castle. Ever seen it????
Hugs,
Betsy
I bet that ham is good and will look for it the next grocery trip. Sorry your hubby is feeling bad; prayers that he feels better soon. I havent seen Downton Abbey, but my middle daughter is 'hooked' on it. Have a nice Thursday..
you made me hungry with the sandwich. :) good luck on the 'stuff'. :)
Oh no, not the stomach bug! I certainly DON'T want any part of that:( That ham sounds YUMMY! Happy Birthday to your daughter, I remember when I was 35:) Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!
Your sliders sound delicious. I've seen the rolls at Krogers and have been tempted by them, but so far I've resisted the temptation to get some.
I hope you avoid the 'bug' and that Benjamin gets over his very soon.
We make a weekly trip to the garbage/recycling center. We have curbside garbage pickup, but since we usually have some newspapers, plastic or glass we just take our garbage bag with us.
My daughter has been sick so much this year from her grandson who brings home things from school.
I guess it was like that when my children were small.
I usually buy Boar's Head deli meats, so will look for this one next time I'm at Publix. I like the idea of little sliders - especially with company coming this month. That would be something a little more special to make for them, for lunch!
Re-fashioning clothing is a great idea! I would love to see some photos!
We LOVE Downton Abbey!! Glad you are catching up with us!!
I'm not sure we have that ham here; I'll have to look for it, but I do love those rolls! Ick with the stomach virus, never fun when a little one has it. We have curbside recycling here, but if you want to turn your recyclable cans/bottles in for cash, you need to take them to a recycling place.
betty
Those ham sliders sound delicious, and we love Downton Abbey. We have curbside pickup with 3 bins: one for yard waste (leaves, twigs, grass), one bin for garbage and one for paper, plastic, cans and glass for recycling.
The ham sounds very good.
So sorry Benjamin is sick. Hope he feels better soon.
One good thing about all our moves is that each time we have gotten rid of lots of stuff!
Love that bread! So sweet and soft! Yummy!
You working so hard to recycle means I should run up there and give you a proper hug. LOVE this. I wish everyone would work as hard to care for our planet. (we have curbside and I kinda feel spoiled)
You are a busy bee all the time and that is a good thing.
The sammies sound delish and I pray the stomach bug stops the nonsense right now!
XOXO
Oh, and LoLo and I LOVE Downtown Abbey. (we prefer to call it down-town) It is a great series. Who is your favorite character??? You can only guess that we love the sassy older character.
The slider sounds good! Hope Benjamin is feeling better now.
I was very sad at the first few episodes of Downton, but last week revived my interest and enthusiasm. I've got a bunch of thoughts on the future. What happened to Michael, what's going on in America and why is every man in England in love with Lady Mary?
Post a Comment