Pages

Friday, February 14, 2014

The first step . . . .

The first step is ridding yourself of a problem is admitting you have one - - right?
Or maybe the first step in organization is using Post-its to mark articles/recipes/websites in magazines that you want to save for future use.
And the first step to decluttering is to either bookmark the websites or scan the information and put it in folders on your computer.
Long story -  - short - - - - About ninety magazines are now ready to be donated to our public library where they can be sold in the Friends of the Library Store.  That money is then used for library improvements or purchase of materials.
This was a good activity for me to do when "snowed in".
I took the pictures just before sunrise.  Snow was already beginning to fall off the branches and I wanted to remember all we had.  We were blessed in that we never lost power and all our family was safe on the days they had to travel.  Also, no trees or large limbs came down on our property.
My sister, who lives near Augusta, has been without power since Wednesday about 11 am.  They probably won't have it back before Monday because of the horrible ice storm they got.  Fortunately she has a wood fireplace - - - and a daughter 30 minutes away where she can go and enjoy electricity!!!

All in all (taking all things into account), life is sweet and what more could you want on Valentine's Day?!!!


18 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

oh, good job on the magazines!

i'm sorry for your family without power! such a tough winter for so many!

Terra said...

That is smart to organize and then donate the magazines to the library sale. I am organizing this year too, my word for the year is "simplify."

Unknown said...

That was quite the accomplishment with the magazines and on days like we have had this past week, a perfect time to do it. Our snow has just about all melted, but rain is moving in tonight and just heard the weather guy say we will have near 70 next week...Weird weather for sure.

Linda said...

Lynda, your snow photos are lovely! Donating magazines is a great thing and will bring joy to so many others. Happy Valentine's Day to you!

Patsy said...

I take my boxed puzzles and give them to the library and buy their donated magazines.
Now that I do puzzles on my I pad and download my books to read. I will miss going to the library.
Your snow is pretty, but hope it will all be gone soon. It rained here today and most of the snow and ice is gone.

Anonymous said...

So thankful you did not have damage and did have power. So sorry about your sis.
Hope you have enjoyed Valentine's Day. Those magazines will be a lot of enjoyment for others!

betty said...

Beautiful pictures of the snow, Lynda, so glad your family for the most part have been safe and sound through the storms that you have had this winter season.

Good job for the work well don on the magazines. Lots of organization to get it done and perseverance sticking with it!

betty

Theresa said...

I am happy to see the bad weather leave us! I have been working on my MANY magazine piles too:) Enjoy your weekend dear friend, HUGS!

Buttercup said...

You did really well with your magazines. I need to bite the bullet and throw my old ones away. Our library only takes books. I know I would be much happier with less clutter. Thanks for the inspiration. Hope your sister's power is back soon.

George said...

I'm glad to hear that you got through the storm with no problems. We lost power for a couple of hours in the middle to the night (Wednesday), but it was back on when we got up. I need to do some de-cluttering.

White Lace and Promises said...

Beautiful snow! So much better than the ice we had. Never want ice again! I neeeeeed to get organized. Maybe in Spring.

Karen said...

Snow ,Ice, Power Outage. and now I hear that they felt an earthquake in Augusta. Strange times!

Pamela said...

What a great organizational job! It just feels good when we complete something like this. We've had lots of snow -- breaking a record I heard. But our electricity has stayed on through it all and I've been thankful.

Busy Bee Suz said...

Look at you; organizing again….I LOVE THIS! What a great thing to do when you can't get out to do anything.
Love that you were safe and warm during the storm; blessed indeed.

Anonymous said...

Great effort to organize all the magazines!
Sad to hear about the power cut for your family members.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi There, Don't know how I missed this post --but somehow I did!!! It's been a busy week and will be a busy month ahead.

You certainly are organized... I'm impressed. Glad you found some good 'homes' for those wonderful magazines...

We enjoyed the snow also--and I blogged about ours on Wed and Fri...

Have a great weekend.
Hugs,
Betsy

Far Side of Fifty said...

You really got some snow! I actually sold some old scrapbook magazines on a local Facebook selling site. I have lots left to recycle..they just seem to stack up! :)

Patsy said...

Thank you for your comments and prayers. We are getting better.