When you've been married for 37 years, do you still call it puppy love? Some call puppy love shallow and temporary - - but it also carries the connotation of adoring, worshipful admiration given by a young dog to its owners. Bill and I still adore each other but also have seen many stages of love and we think where we are at now is wonderful. We appreciate each other more and recognize that you have to be thankful for each day God gives you together.
If you're fortunate, God gives you additional blessings and allows you to live nearby so you can see them often.
These pictures were taken in the fellowship hall of the church where Amanda and Joshua and Benjamin are members. Josh is the youth pastor there. That is in addition to his full-time job during the week. This was a fund-raising luncheon on Valentine's weekend. It was a lot of fun. Their church is very welcoming and loving.
However there is a new dog in our lives. Her name is Dolly. She was a stray who was not claimed or reported. Dolly is one of the best-behaved and gentle canines we have ever owned or know. She is great with the grandson, too. Our vet acts like we won the dog lottery when we got her!
This critter LOVES to ride in the car and does NOT understand why she can't go every time we go. The one ride she knows is hers though is in the morning when I go to get Benjamin from Monday - Friday. Since we are coming right back home, she is able to take the trip downtown, too. You will probably see more pictures of her in the future!



10 comments:
oh, sweet dolly! yay for all of you! and you are very blessed.
And they call it...puppy love. Yes, I'm quoting Donnie and Marie here. I love your love story; not the norm for these days.
Ok, your Dolly is a Cocoa mini-me. I'm in love with your girl.....boxers are such sweet happy souls. How is she in the house? Are you crating her? Does she do the 'kidney bean' dance when you get home??
I'm so glad you've given her a nice home....you are so wonderful!!!!!
XOXO
Lynda!! Wonderful photos!! Puppy love is fun love!! I think we all need to keep the puppy love alive. And speaking of puppy love... Dolly is one lucky girl!! How great that you rescued her, and she is so well behaved!! I look forward to seeing more of her in your blogs!
OH how I love reading about couples married a long time --STILL do much in love. I can 'feel' the devotion between you. That is just so awesome...
Love that photo of you two and of your daughter, son-in-law and adorable grandson...
Dolly is awesome... So glad you got her--and she's the lucky one to have you all.
Hugs,
Betsy
She is cute! Glad that she does well around the grandson too; good bonding for him and her! Great pictures of your family!
betty
Sweet pictures of the family! Love the new family member:) AND Puppy Love with your long time Hubby, yep... me too:) Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!
I really like your post on puppy love -- all varieties. You and Bill look as if you adore each other in that first photo. Dolly is a wonderful addition to the family.
Such a beautiful couple. I know you are proud of your son too! What was the song in the 70's. "And they call it puppy love."
Lynda, what beautiful photos!!! I love posts like this, it makes my heart melt.
These were great family photos! I totally rejoice in the love you and Bill have for one another and now for the extra love for Dolly. She went to the best home she could have found! Happy walking!
Post a Comment