Pages

Saturday, September 13, 2014

Infrequent

I am thinking I should re-title my blog, "The Occasional Post".  Life is definitely busier since Amanda has begun another year of teaching.  Dolly just watches it all with interest and participates when she can - -  like getting to ride to town in the morning to pick up Benjamin . . . . or watching Bill work in the yard.





She is the best-natured dog we have ever known.



Benjamin is now two and it is fun to take him to activities like Soccer Shots once a week.  This is an excellent program that begins with preschoolers.  It covers a lot of beginning sports skills in an extremely fun way.  Benjamin would be the child with his LEFT foot on the ball.  He is left-handed as is his dad and my husband.

Here he is waiting his turn to kick the ball with his feet.
Grammy (me) has discovered that playgrounds are virtually empty at 8 in the morning!!!



On Labor Day Weekend, my sister and I went to Blue Ridge - - not on the train - - in my car - - quicker and more economical plus we could make many stops to and from.  The best stop was at my daughter's house where her husband had grilled food for us.  Very YUMMY!




If you're ever in that area, consider a visit to this quilt shop - - - LOTS of fabric - -   beautifully displayed.



Our church's preschool director has Discovery Days once a month.  During our apple "exploration", we discovered Benjamin prefers the taste of Granny Smith apples over Delicious!
Kindermusik is a weekly class that is enjoyed by both of us.  He loves Mrs. Dee and is an activity participant during class.  Afterwards, he and many of the other children play on the playground at the church where we have just met.



At the beginning of the semester, you receive two books, a CD with all the songs, and a musical instrument.  See the stamp on Benjamin's right hand?  Both hands get stamped as the teacher sings "Good-bye" to them.  The children rush to get in line for the stamp - - so cute.
And it's obvious I didn't crop pics.  They were taken with my phone, too - - - what was quickly available at the time.  I'm impressed I got some still shots of our very active grandson.

Also - - no pics  - - but attended a library conference last week with Amanda and heard author, Nancy Rue, speak.  If you get an opportunity, go and listen to her.  She's phenomenal.  My favorite books of hers are the "Sullivan Crisp" Series and also "The Reluctant Prophet" Series.  If you have elementary age girls, get her "Lily" Series.

And - - - most of us have now had the lovely respiratory virus being passed around.  That killed a weekend!  It hits fast and hard like a sinus flare-up.  One thing I hope to avoid again this winter is the flu - - - got my immunization against it two days ago!

Will hang you up now - - - if anyone is still left reading after me trying to give you a month of information in one post!  Talk to you soon.

17 comments:

Terra said...

That sounds like a full and enjoyable schedule. Playgrounds, music classes and a quilting store.

Flat Creek Farm said...

Good to "hear" from you Lynda! I keep saying "I need to blog" but as of yet, I have produced nothing (since April or so!). Enjoyed catching up with you. Dolly does look like a sweetie pie. Benjamin is super adorable! I look forward to the day when (hopefully) I will be a G-ma ;) Keep posting when you can. Maybe I'll be inspired to join you again soon! -Tammy

Busy Bee Suz said...

I love your update- it's all good stuff aside from the virus!
I can't believe Benjamin is already 2 years old....and he is a busy little guy. I'm sure you enjoy every minute with him.
Take care,
Suz

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Friend, I always love catching up with you and your busy life. Amazing what all they offer for children these days. Benjamin is KIN to me TOO---since I'm a lefty... First hubby and I BOTH were lefties --but none of our 3 sons were and I don't think the grands are lefties... Oh Well.

Your Blue Ridge trip sounded wonderful. I have a good friend (now lives in CO) who loves quilting and quilt shops. She would love that one.

Keep on having fun!!!!! This cooler weather is PERFECT. We need to head back to the Cookie Jar and a hike sometime in OCTOBER...

Hugs,
Betsy

George said...

You're so busy that I'm impressed you find the time for even an occasional post. Benjamin is growing like a weed, but he is still as cute as ever. I hope you do avoid the flu this season.

Terri D said...

I was happy to "listen" to you give us a month's worth of news!! Miss you when you aren't here, but understand completely!! Glad you are getting out with your little man, and are having some fun with him.

Patsy said...

The photo's of Benjamin are just to cute.
Hate to hear about the respiratory virus going around.
My great,grandson is a lefty and so is his dad ,grand and great, grandfather. All the woman are right handed.

Sparky said...

No need to post frequently. I think quality goes a lot further. I've been taking a break myself.

Dolly is a good name for a Boxer. We just lost our little Lucy Belle (age 11 1/2). She was the sweetest of dogs. Y'all probably know this already but we learned to be sure to feed a Boxer quality dog food or they'll have tummy problems. They're kinda delicate in that respect.

Have a blessed day Miss Lynda. ~:)

(Popped over from The Smith's Bennie and Patsy blog)

MARYHS1944 said...

We, T and I, also loved Kindermusic with Miss Dee. You do so many fun things!

TexWisGirl said...

dolly is cute. so is benjamin. :)

Anonymous said...

Benjamin is so precious and I love sweet Dolly, too. Nice to catch up with you.

Have a wonderful Wednesday.

Karen said...

I'm amazed at how much Benjamin has grown and learned! I miss the days before the grandkids started school! Have wonderful day. The weather is perfect here!

Buttercup said...

So enjoyed this post. I'm catching up on my favorite blog buddies. Great pictures of Benjamin and like to see all the fun things he and you are doing.

Caribbean Cindy said...

It was very fun catching up!! Benjamin is such a cutie and you do so many neat things with him. Great to see a happy childhood taking place! I need to see that quilt shop in Blue Ridge. Though from there, I have not hardly been in any of the shops. Need to make a day of it some time. Joyce knows them all and we do eat there from time to time when we are together.

Anonymous said...

Hi Lynda, Saw your comment on Busy Bee Suz's blog today and wanted to stop so you would have my new blog link.
Have a great weekend. MILDRED

Linda said...

Lynda, I just stopped by to let you know I am thinking of you. I hope things are going well with you.

Joyful said...

Hi Lynda, I haven't seen you for some time. Just want you to know I'm thinking of you and dropping by to say "hi". God bless. xx