This weekend as we were talking to Mamaw, she asked my husband if he had been good enough this year to get any presents. He answered, "Of course."
She said, "Do I have to talk to Santa to be sure?"
Bill: "You can tell by looking at me that I have been good."
Mamaw: "What do you mean that I can tell by looking at you?"
Bill: "Look at my head. See how much hair is missing? My halo is rubbing it all off. When I was younger, it must have been a smaller halo because there was more hair. Every year I am missing more hair so I figure my halo is getting bigger. That means I am better this year than I was the years before- - right?"
What do you say to that? We just laughed.
The only other comments I will give you tonight are the instructions for Peachy Pork Picante - - another of our favorites. I don't think I have given you the recipe before because I searched all my previous blogs last week. This is so easy. Take one part Peach Preserves and 3 parts Salsa. For us, we use 1/2 cup preserves and a cup and a half of the salsa. Add (uncooked) cubed pork. Some people like to first coat the pork with taco seasoning but we like it without. Cover ingredients and cook on top of the stove 30 - 60 minutes. Serve over rice. We love this recipe but not everyone does so just try it as a side dish the first time.
She said, "Do I have to talk to Santa to be sure?"
Bill: "You can tell by looking at me that I have been good."
Mamaw: "What do you mean that I can tell by looking at you?"
Bill: "Look at my head. See how much hair is missing? My halo is rubbing it all off. When I was younger, it must have been a smaller halo because there was more hair. Every year I am missing more hair so I figure my halo is getting bigger. That means I am better this year than I was the years before- - right?"
What do you say to that? We just laughed.
The only other comments I will give you tonight are the instructions for Peachy Pork Picante - - another of our favorites. I don't think I have given you the recipe before because I searched all my previous blogs last week. This is so easy. Take one part Peach Preserves and 3 parts Salsa. For us, we use 1/2 cup preserves and a cup and a half of the salsa. Add (uncooked) cubed pork. Some people like to first coat the pork with taco seasoning but we like it without. Cover ingredients and cook on top of the stove 30 - 60 minutes. Serve over rice. We love this recipe but not everyone does so just try it as a side dish the first time.
The silver-haired head is a crown of glory, If it is found in the way of righteousness. Proverbs 16:31
6 comments:
That is too funny. I have to pass that halo comment on to my husband. I am sure he will try to use it now.
haha, Allen - - that is a good one. My husband said that he is much older than you so he has had more years to cultivate his "goodness". Give yourself another decade or two and if you are blessed to keep your hair, then he will have to come up with another explanation!!!!
You know I think I need to find my halo, I believe its in a box somewhere. hehe
That is a great excuse. I'll have to share that one with Sammy. He might have to use that one day. He and his brothers all have quite a bit of hair and so did his Dad but you never know. Thanks for all your sweet words on our blogs.I enjoy keeping up with people this way. Our sick kids are getting better. I'm not used to my boys being so still and quiet. Josiah was looking forward to a big birthday. And next week is Morgans so I told him we would have to do some celebrating for him at Dollywood too. Katie was so excited to win those tickets. Hopefully we will be good and healthy so we can go next week. I can remember having the chicken pox too. I was 5 and I missed my first week of VBS I had looked forward to it for so long. Never had measles though. This flu is a nasty thing. I forgot just how yucky it is. I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving. God Bless You Love ya, Missy
Lynda, I am not a computer "savvy", and have never signed up for the blog, but it seems I am missing out, since reading your post and the comments regarding Bill's halo.
The recipe looks delicious and I am sure to try it one day soon.
His love and mine, Wynette
Post a Comment