If you're near my age, you will remember today as being the day we actually celebrated Abraham Lincoln's birthday because it is his birthday today. However in the late sixties, a push was made to celebrate both George Washington's and Abe's birthdays on the third Monday of the month and call it Presidents' Day.
Did you ever make the stovepipe hat as a craft? Remember the great stories told about these presidents? Abraham Lincoln loved to read - - my kind of person. There was a story that he walked miles to return a borrowed book.
And George Washington - - - the young boy who "could not tell" a lie when his father asked, "Who cut down my beloved cherry tree?" It was George who was trying out his new gift of a hatchet.
Do you ever wonder how history and your family will remember you? I don't dwell on that but it does occasionally run through my head - - - - which incidentally is getting better bit by bit. One thing about being 50+, recovery doesn't go as fast as we would like. The body has definite limits regarding healing and living a normal life. It's just me who figures I should have my old energy back only two and a half days after beginning antibiotics!The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know. Pray especially for rulers and their governments to rule well so we can be quietly about our business of living simply, in humble contemplation. This is the way our Savior God wants us to live. I Timothy 2:1-3
3 comments:
Thanks for helping us to remember!
Thanks for the lesson. I just wanted to pop over and thank ya'll for visitin' and leavin' a sweet comment.
Have a fun day and a wonderfully blessed weekend!!!
I was upset that they moved all the presidents into one day. But yet MLK get a day to himself. Ugh where is the fairness in that?
Post a Comment