Today we headed towards Polk County - - - in the direction many white water rafters go during warmer weather - - also the site of the 1996 Olympics. Our goal was not that far down the road today but rather only 15 minutes out of town. This is the inside of our destination.
Yes, this kayak is hanging from the ceiling because this place is popular with those who run the rapids.
The tables are varying styles from traditional booths to rustic wood-hewn benches and even a taller table with a tree trunk support.
Scenes from many years ago line the walls.
This is located near the Ocoee Dam #1 on the TVA waterway. That is where this restaurant gets its name. The food is excellent and if you are in the area, it is well worth a visit. The wrap sandwiches are very hearty. It is difficult to finish one if you have an average appetite. They serve 3 meals daily and also have plate specials with meat and vegetables.
Eating here was a nice treat for this weekend. It does seem odd that we are enjoying normal lives while those in other parts of the world are dealing with weather-related disasters.
. . . He made a pool, and a conduit, and brought water into the city . . . 2 Kings 20:20b
I would feel homesick reading this if I wasn't at the cabin this weekend. Who would have thought that I would actually miss a 45 minute drive home? I'm ready to drive the river road again. It should be starting to get pretty & springtime by the time the road is open.
Looks like a fun place to eat. I like the look of your outdoor scenery without snow. We are still covered in the white stuff. I will be happy to see bare ground again.
2 comments:
I would feel homesick reading this if I wasn't at the cabin this weekend. Who would have thought that I would actually miss a 45 minute drive home? I'm ready to drive the river road again. It should be starting to get pretty & springtime by the time the road is open.
Looks like a fun place to eat. I like the look of your outdoor scenery without snow. We are still covered in the white stuff. I will be happy to see bare ground again.
Post a Comment