Pages

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Saturday

It has been a beautiful day with weather that looks like this picture.  It is a Bradford Pear with blossoms that are quickly being replaced by leaves.  The flower petals have covered the ground in "snow".








We were up earlier than usual for a Saturday morning for a couple of reasons.  This was the first day recycling pickup was scheduled for us.  I read on the blog of one of my daughter's friends about Green Guys Recycling.  Yes, you have to pay but it is going to be so worth it.  Number 1 - - I don't have to take time to fit one more thing into my schedule by going to a drop-off on my day off on Friday.  Number 2 - - they take EVERYTHING!  I don't have to carry the plastics to Chattanooga.  I met the gentleman this morning who decided to do this business with his neighbors.  He is very nice and we are very happy to have this convenience because we do not like to fill the landfill with items that can be reused.  Plus, does plastic ever biodegrade?

The second "out-of-the-ordinary thing on our agenda was waiting for the arrival of my husband's boss & friend.  He was selling his treadmill because he exercises at a local gym.    Bill's treadmill finally cried, "Uncle" after 10 years. I was happy for him to get another treadmill because it has helped him lose weight and keep it off. Bill is very disciplined with his walking, covering at least 50 miles a month.
He paid for over 70% of this by cashing in his change that he has been collecting for 15 months.

This is my coin jar but his is just like it. - - except his has NO money in it now! It has a digital display that shows your new total each time you add change.  It also helped Bill know that our bank's coin counter was accurate!
















In addition to moving heavy equipment into the basement, he decided it was time to tackle this other job.  When he replaced the railing last fall, he was told that the treated wood needed to cure outside at least six months before it was painted.  The time was up; the weather was right; and the job has been completed.








Now he is watching the Masters.  I am taking a break from switching some winter/spring clothes into the proper closets.  We have accomplished a good bit today but it has also been a very relaxing day.

(And maybe I can figure out how to get some of the extra space gone from between pictures and texts before I post next time.)


And herein do I exercise myself, to have always a conscience void of offense toward God, and toward men.  Acts 24:16

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You all certainly accomplished much today. It always feels good to say that at the end of the day!!

Mary Helen

Rachel said...

work while you work..

Amanda said...

Glad that you have had a productive day. I have had a pretty good one myself. :)

grammy said...

I left a comment but I think I ran off just as i was seeing the word of the day..haha..
We had a weekend like that
love to save my change
but mine is for Garage Sales...
Can't wait (o:

Rae said...

It is amazing how quickly our change adds up. I used to throw all my coins in a big empty water jug when I came home from work each day. After a few years I cashed it in and had nearly $400.00. It was a pleasant surprise.

Pat said...

Wow - you've been busy little bees! And I'm impressed that your husband actually uses his treadmill. Usually it ends up collecting dust in the spare bedroom, or covered with clothes. Good for him for sticking to it!

Our spare change goes for doing laundry. At least the quarters anyway.