Pages

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day!


Both sets of our parents have passed away which makes us - - - as my mom used to say - - - the top layer of the family now.  Father's Day the last few years is to celebrate my sweet husband since our fathers are gone from this earth.

Today we were blessed to have both daughters and our son-in-law here for a delicious lunch.  They spent the afternoon with us.

Bill has been dad now for 31 years.  He has been a great one - - - - always working hard - - - - whether around the house . . . . 














or at his job, he does a job well and sticks with it to the finish.  Those jobs have been our reason for living in 4 different states - - - - many, many hours from our parents.   However, Bill travels well . . . . .


 











and 99.9% of the time has a great personality.  He has never raised his voice at me or our daughters.    As many of you know, he has a great wit and making puns is second nature to him.  I guess you could say he has a way with words as evidenced by helping his team win the spelling bee fund-raiser three years in a row.














And even though it doesn't fall under the category of father, I am so thankful that after working all week with only one day off, he faithfully goes to help me in the church library EVERY Sunday morning.


 He is a great husband and father and we are blessed beyond words to have him in our lives.



Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.   Matthew 5:16

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you and your family shared a lovely Father's Day together. Very nice selection of pictures today and I enjoyed learning more about your husband. He sounds like a wonderful man and that's great that he helps you in the Church Library. I hope the week ahead is very nice for you.

Amanda said...

Very sweet post. I agree. He's a great dad!

Pat said...

Kudos to Bill! He sounds like a wonderful man!

And Kudos to you, too, for marrying him!

Amy DeTrempe said...

How nice that you had the family together and what a blessing to have such a great guy in your life.

Caribbean Cindy said...

Very nice tribute to Bill!! I loved reading all that. I am very glad that you could all be together for Father's Day! Liked the phrase "top layer", too. I am there but thankfully Rick isn't.

grammy said...

Great post
sounds like a really great man (o: