Here are the new library shelves at our church's new location. Aren't they beautiful? We ordered them from Demco.
This is the view looking out to our welcome center desk. The "halo" lighting design over the desk is beautiful as is the view out the windows on the back wall.
Our library workers have this great area with very comfortable chairs.
This is the library director's office which is where I will be working.
On the other end of this room - - to the left of the chair and to the left of the workers chairs, is this nice kitchenette area.
Perhaps you can see the refrigerator below the microwave.
We will start moving books on September 1. Our first church service in this building is September 19. Until then, we look more like this at our current location!
The Lord watch between me and thee, when we are absent one from another. Genesis 41:39






14 comments:
Hi Lynda, I love the lighting and windows and the shelves are very nice. It has been a lot of hard work but it sure will be nice when you finally get all settled in. Thanks for sharing the pictures.
It's neat to build or build on a library. It reminds me of our building the undergraduate library from scratch and building out the graduate library at NYIT in Jordan, where I was the academic dean/chief academic officer for two years. The libraries were one of my most fun and rewarding projects.
This looks like a really great place to relax, read, and reflect.
Jane
The library is beautiful. You must be so excited...a new desk/office...sweet kitchen area too. NICE!!!
wow
that is going to be wonderful (o:
Looks like lots of work ahead, but how exciting! I love the workers area and the kitchen. I'm sure your thrilled with all the new space. I will be praying for you and the move, may God give you energy and strength. I look forward to see more pictures as you have time...hint hint ;)
Laura
Your new church building really looks nice, and I think the library is going to be fabulous.
Thanks for visiting my site.
It's going to be a wonderful library. I'm looking forward to some completion photos.
~Ron
Wow---a new library at your church!!! That is incredible Lynda ---and it looks fabulous. The church I worked in in Texas (1988-2000) had a wonderful church library. Librarians from everywhere in the area would visit ours to see how a great library is operated... Our librarian (who is still there I think) was fabulous---but probably no better than you.
I was Minister of Christian Education there --and we had two Sunday School hours and 3 worship services at the time. They now have 5 worship services. It was a fairly large church with about 3400 members. I loved that church ---and out of the four churches where I worked during my career, this one was my favorite.
I'd love to see your new library and church sometime.... Maybe we can come down that way and get you to show us around...
Congrats on the new library...
Hugs,
Betsy
Wow - that is SOME library! I bet you're anxious to get all settled in!
I'm just totally impressed with the church library. ....and let me tell ya this chick doesn't impress easily. It's gonna be incredible.
God bless ya and have a fantastic Friday!!!
wow that is what I call a church library! That even beats my fathers library.
Who gets to put all the books on the shelves?
Allen
Great library.... Lloyd
I love getting to see these pictures! I still want to get on a plane and come and help - really badly, I want to!! However, I know you have lots of great helping hands there and all of you will have the new library ship shape in no time!
Post a Comment