Pages

Friday, August 13, 2010

Hot



This is the temperature and humidity INSIDE the house right now.  That is because we have another problem with the A/C unit.  Considering the unit is 14 years old, I guess the repairman may be our best friend until we absolutely have to invest in a new one - - - A/C not repairman.

The temperature outside is 97 with a heat index of 103 so I guess 81 inside is not too bad.  Perhaps these are the reason.


We are pretty well shaded on most sides of our house.   Until then, I am relaxing like some others around here.


(Her ears look dirty in this picture but I just looked at them and what you are seeing is fur and skin pigmentation.)

We have gotten so spoiled with our climate controlled environments.  However, one thing I have discovered is when it is this hot, it really takes away your appetite.  Guess we could use this as a weight loss program - - - nah!

 . . . . the sun waxed hot . . . Exodus 16:21

9 comments:

West Side of Straight said...

Hi Miss Lynda - I'm Jo where Connie took the pics of the baby pigs. No we only use the farrowing crates for when the sows have their babies. Our pigs otherswise are in big pens and can get inside or outside the buildings. The gestational crates are used by those big big farms; and we are not that. Oh, and I'm not out in the barns daily because of allergies. jo

Anonymous said...

Just in the last few minutes, Georgia is getting thunderstorms. You sure have a beautiful cat. We notice the hot weather is zapping our appetite too!
I hope the a/c can be repaired. Take care Lynda.

Laura said...

Sorry your having problems with your a/c not a good thing in this kind of heat. 80 inside is still warm, so I think the cat has the best idea lay down and be still. Hope it gets fixed asap!

Have a nice prayerfully cool week end.

Mary Helen said...

Praying that your AC gets fixed soon and the temps outside will cool off so things will feel more comfortable inside.
Thanks for all of the kind words about our trip. See you Sunday.

Anonymous said...

Yikes!!! Thats HOT!!! Be careful and be sure and drink lots of water.

~Ron

Anonymous said...

I'm trying this for the 3rd time tonight!! Hope your AC is fixed or at least that your house is cooling down with the lower temps outside tonight.
Thank you for all of your kind comments on our trip. See you Sunday

Far Side of Fifty said...

Hi Miss Lynda, I am glad Jo came over and explained, the farrowing crate is just used for a little while, it protects the little pigs from getting stepped on or laid on..it is a much safer way to have them, the piglets in the photo were only a few hours old:)

Jenny said...

Sounds like our house and our AC. Ugh. Most days it's between 81-83 in here by the end of the day.

Caribbean Cindy said...

Was sorry to read about the a/c problems. I know how draining the heat can be - it hit me big time when I stepped off the plane onto our beautiful island!