Pages

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Typical Saturday

The laundry



is almost done.



One car has been vacuumed and the other washed.  Now we need to flip-flop
those chores.


Generally I try to have a lot of these things done on Friday but I worked at the new library  that day, unpacking items that had been moved.


This is the room that had all the boxes in last week's pictures.  All the extra empty boxes have been moved to another area.

What you see next is part of the reference room.  Where are the missing books?



Here they are on the cart that went back and forth and forth and back MANY times last week as the inventory of over 10,000 items was finalized.


Did the inventory turn out with everything accounted for?  Of course, not!    But then we have not done a complete inventory in over ten years.  We show many missing items but glancing over the list, we see a variety of reasons.  Some were given away years ago but never deleted from the system.  Some were originally added to the system from a card catalog but never actually matched with a book.  Some have not been returned by patrons.  And the last "some" are new books that were in-process and not on the shelves.   So our library workers will be working on these lists for more than a few weeks as we endeavor to find those MIA.

Or what woman, having ten silver coins, if she loses one coin, does not light a lamp, sweep the house, and search carefully until she finds it?  Luke 15:8

 - - - which reminds me - - - it's time to get back to the housework and vacuum the den  . . . . .

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a huge job inventory is for you at the new library. I hope your weather has been cooler for all the chores you are working on. You should sleep like a baby tonight! Take care.

Amanda said...

Looks like you have had lots of fun.

Anonymous said...

Wow!! and you call that a Typical Saturday! I wonder what you call a busy Saturday?

Jane said...

Looks like you have done a tremendous amount of work here. Hope that you are able to relax and admire your work tomorrow!

Jane

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Lynda, The new library will be gorgeous --but I know it's alot of work getting things where you want them... Sounds like it has been a busy week for you...

Have a great weekend.
Hugs,
Betsy

West Side of Straight said...

Oh, laundry and car cleaning seem like an easier choice than setting up a new library. That to me is a TON of work! Bet it will be wonderful when all done! Jo in Minnesota

Pat said...

I'm tired just reading this! But I love things that are organized, especially a library! If I lived near you, I'd jump right in and help!

Amy DeTrempe said...

I am tired just contemplating moving all of those books and then doing laundry and cleaning a car on top of that. Hope you find some time to relax this weekends.

Busy Bee Suz said...

You have been a busy bee!!!
The inventory deal does not sound fun at all...hope it is over soon.