Actually Jesus is the Light of my life - - - but your blogs do brighten my day! Today we lost our internet and cable TV service for 5 hours. It shook our "world" a bit. I thought - - - I can't even tell my internet friends I am not here. Long story short - - - my husband convinced cable company this was not just our personal problem since it followed a brief power outage. The great news is we did not have to wait until Tuesday for a repair because the cable company must have realized it was a bigger issue than just us.
When it happened, I thought - - okay, I'll just start on my "to-do" list. Guess what? My "to-do" list is now on a task list on my Google mail - - - so I couldn't get to it. I recently began that habit 2 or 3 weeks ago so I wouldn't have to carry paper from home to work, etc. Generally my internet mail is always available at either place so it seemed to make the most sense.
What does not make sense is when you go to report an internet problem and you get the automated operator and it says, "You can report your problem by going to "(not a real)internet address".com." No, you can't - - not when your internet is down!
However, we are blessed, blessed, blessed to live in a country with such conveniences. Being without internet for five hours once or twice a year is definitely big-time whining! I have friends serving on mission fields who are thankful for electricity, water, and/or heat even part of the day.
My point - - - I missed you all earlier today. You have become my friends.
Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, "I am the light of the world. He who follows me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life." John 8:12

11 comments:
So glad that you were able to get your Internet repaired. It is amazing how dependent we have become on the Internet, isn't it??
Jane
Thanks, Lynda.... Glad you are all 'fixed' now.... It is amazing when we have to do without TV and internet.... We DO depend on it, don't we????
Guess the best thing to do is to bring out a good book to read during times like that!!!! You DO have a book or two around, don't you????? ha ha ha
Hugs,
Betsy
Lynda, You are a bright spot in my days too. It has been nice getting to know you and follow the progress of your library's move. We really miss internet when it goes out here too. It is our link to the outside world since we don't travel much. Glad you are up and running again. Have a good night.
This is so sweet. I DO love my blog friends as well...they are the best; you included. :)
We are lucky, living in this country at this time, so many conveniences!!!
Glad your outage was only temporary.
how funny
I have been reading a lot...and forget to get on the computer
I forgot how much I love to loose myself in a book (o:
When we were camping for 10 days...we had no extras
we read or walked or played a game together outside or inside
or sat around the campfire
I miss that time
I asked him to play cards the other day and it just was hard to get away from the STUFF
so yes we are blessed
and overcome by our stuff (o:
It is amazing how much we come to rely on something that wasn't available even 20 yrs ago. I am not sure how I would do with the internet down. I know it has happened. I must have blocked the memory somehow.
Lynda, I've had a love-hate relationship with my computer for about the last 10 years. :-)
~Ron
BTW, I'm doing some follow up work :-)
Heeehehehe, I thought the same thing last time my server went down and I got the same recorded message. Ya can't email 'em if you down...it's not rocket science.
It's funny how quickly we from these online relationships and become involved in each others laughter and pain. What a support system.
God bless ya sweet lady and have the most beautiful day!!! :o)
I love reading your blog and miss it when I am away or when our internet is down! It is such a blessing to be able to stay in touch with our friends and family while so far away! It is also a wonderful ministry tool when you can send an encouraging word, prayer request or even birthday card! I am thankful for technology (though I am sure I will never really understand or keep up with it)!
Technology is great until it lets us down. Most of our financial records are on my computer and when I had problems last month I thought I had lost everything. Fortunately I was able to retrieve everything from backup, but it still was a scare.
I'm glad you're back online.
I call it an addiction - at least on MY part! LOL! A day without my computer is like a day without sunshine! Ha ha!
Post a Comment