The last day our church library was open at our downtown location was Tuesday. On Wednesday, the packing began. The books were moved in these crates. The ones you see here are empty.
They were numbered and labeled to make reshelving at our new location easier.
On Wednesday, 60 crates were packed with books, moved to the new library, unpacked and reshelved. On Thursday, 140 were completed in like manner! All we have left to do are the children's sections next week. Here are some of the empty shelves.
Here are some of the "filled" shelves at our new location.
The office where I am privileged to work has a live plant to help clean the air of the "newness" (chemicals from carpet, etc.). Also, the picture of my husband is ready for me to view over my computer!
By next weekend, I hope to have pictures of the outside of both buildings as well as some interior shots.
And since it was obvious we labored hard this week, I am going to definitely enjoy my weekend free from labor!
Whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men. Colossians 3:23








9 comments:
Everything is looking good Miss Lynda. I am glad it is a long weekend and you can enjoy some rest before tackling more of the moving. Enjoy some quiet time!
What a lot of work you have done in a short period of time! The new library looks great.
Jane
Wow, yes you have already labored.
Your library and your personal office are looking amazing!!!!
I hope you can rest now. Suz
Wow--such organization, Lynda.... Obviously, you all had it all organized and ready to shelve once you got it moved... That was a huge amount of work--but you DID it... Looks like you had tons of help... I know you are very excited about the new library... I hope to see it sometime IF we ever get down your way!!!!!
Enjoy your weekend. Although we didn't move a library this week, we won't be 'laboring' much this weekend either... ha
Hugs,
Betsy
What a wonderful job all of you have done. So great to see the progress! Praying that the "new" feels like home really soon!
wow
a lot of work but it looks great already
what a lot of great books must be there (o:
I know what an undertaking this is - I worked at a library and we moved from one small building to a large one! It takes a lot of coordination and organization to get it done right.
This may be a dumb question, but are all your books religious?
Yes, all our books are Christian. We made that decision a few years ago when we started running out of space. Plus, the public library is two blocks up the street from us. We always said they don't have room for all the Christian books and we don't have room for all the others. We felt, too, that if you go to a Sunday School Class or a church service in our building, you would expect to hear just a Christian message so we wanted the library materials to reflect that. The majority of our patrons appreciate that policy and travel miles to visit us. We circulate approximately 2,000 items each month! I have a great job - - - get to buy books and read them, too!
Thanks for asking. I always enjoy hearing from you.
The new library looks great. Can't wait to visit you there and bring our "always overdue" books back. I tell everyone the First Baptist Library is a true blessing to our family and the entire community. You don't have to worry about your children looking through books! Love, Missy
Post a Comment