Further "down the road" from the rafting pictures on the last post, you come to the Whitewater Center. As mentioned before, it was the site of some of the 1996 Summer Olympics Water Sports. Here is the front of the welcome center.
To the right of the entrance is this beautiful "water feature".
To the left of the front of this building are these stairs going down. (Obviously I was going up when I took the picture.)
The stairs lead to this bridge.
From the bridge, you can see the back of the welcome center. It contains a gift shop and maybe a snack bar and clean restrooms.
There is a large parking lot in front where you can park the entire day for only three dollars. You could bring a picnic lunch or use a grill and then either sit beside the water and watch rafters - - or maybe you'd rather walk a nature trail - - or my favorite is the paved path beside the water - - - - as seen to the left in this picture that was taken from the bridge. Our daughter and her husband had their engagement pictures taken at this location two years ago.
And for those who asked about me rafting now or in the future - - that would be a NO. I am almost 60 and have some arthritis in my lower back due to a fall onto concrete when I was in elementary school. I don't think the rapids would cure that!
And the last picture was taken beside the river, looking upstream towards the bridge. As you saw, it is suspended by heavy metal cables. It does move a bit in the wind or when someone is walking on it but it is still very solid feeling.
He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water. John 7:38










8 comments:
Thanks so much Lynda for sharing these photos. I've heard so much on the news (during the Olympics) but have never visited. It truly is lovely scenery and I know your daughter's engagement photos must have been beautiful.
Your pictures are beautiful! We have visited here on several occasions. I would love to go back especially as the leaves really begin to change!
Pretty pictures.You had a beautiful day to be there. Now you can tell everyone you have been at the site of the 1996 Olympics!
This is a beautiful area...I imagine your Daughters engagement photos were amazing.
Oh, a picnic lunch would be fabulous.
Sorry about your arthritis...no, not good for rafting, but you take some amazing photos!!!!
This is truly a beautiful area. We're going to have to stop by there one of these days when we are in that part of the state. The river is always pretty and this would be a good place from which to enjoy it.
Such a beautiful place, Lynda... I've passed that area several times but have never stopped... AND---I watched all of the Olympics when they were there.... SUCH great memories!!!!
Thanks for sharing... We'll stop there sometime..
Hugs,
Betsy
Nice photos and interesting post. I don't know if I could walk on that suspension bridge. A little scary!
Thanks for taking me along on your journey. The pictures are great.
Post a Comment