Pages

Sunday, October 17, 2010

2 Weeks ago



The first weekend has become somewhat of a tradition with my sister and  me.   There is one main event we always attend.  The above two pictures are extra places we visited. 

The event that is the reason for my sister driving five hours is the Nillie Bipper Craft Festival.   We have been doing this at least 10 years now.  I do know we have missed two years.  One was when we attended another craft festival in Nashville.  Then there was the year I went on a mission trip in October.

You can go to the link and read the article or just know that this festival has been happening over 40 years.  There were almost 100 crafters there this year.  My daughter was selling her earrings for the first time at this year's event.





This year, my sister brought her daughter, and granddaughter - - - who happened to need a little something to keep her warmer in the morning.  So she wore a sweatshirt my crafter daughter and I had made about 15 years ago!  That is some really good sequin glue we used.  My older daughter and I made her sweatshirt with a piano key pattern.  It was fun to do together even if it took longer than we anticipated.



The other places we visited were - - 


Dovino's Restuarant - - - one of our favorite places to eat.  We are there at least once a week!
The other place was - - 


Apple Valley Orchard where we had a hay ride through the orchard and a snack inside the restaurant of apple pie and Apple Cider Frozen Slush!   YUM!  We had a wonderful weekend with beautiful weather and great fellowship!

 A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver.  Proverbs 25:11

12 comments:

betty said...

looks like wonderful places to visit with your sister! I'm sure it was a delight to visit the craft festival and to see your daughter's display of earings there. and that sweatshirt was adorable! so very talented you all are!

betty

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Lynda, Looks like you all had a wonderful weekend. There are craft shows all over the place during this time of year. One of the churches had a big one this past weekend... SO many creative people these days--and so many beautiful things to buy!!!!!!

Looks like a great restaurant also... And of course the hay ride had to be the highlight for the little one!!!!!

Have a great week.
Hugs,
Betsy

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a lot of fun and the weather is gorgeous Lynda. Hope you have a wonderful week!

Busy Bee Suz said...

This must have been such a fun girls' weekend!!!
Love that sweatshirt and the longevity of it!!!
Hay rides and an apple orchard...I need to get out of Florida. :)

George said...

This sounds like a wonderful weekend. I know I would certainly enjoy a visit to the orchard. I would like to try that apple cider slush. I'm sure I'd enjoy the restaurant also!

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

What a perfect weekend to spend time with family gals and hit a great restaurant. A hayride and some shoppin' just had to be icin' on the cake. Heck, that's the only reason I eat cake!!!

Ya'll have a marvelously blessed 'fall' day!!!

West Side of Straight said...

What a great weekend. Love, love the little sweatshirt you and daughter made years ago. And aren't hayrides fun. We haven't done that here for years. I too love craft shows. A great time of the year for them here now before the holidays. Have a great evening.

Amy DeTrempe said...

Sounds like a great weekend to spend with family.

Caribbean Cindy said...

Fun, fun, fun!!! I love craft shows and I love family time together! This was a great post! I hope Amanda sold lots of her earrings!

Anonymous said...

Great weekends make great memories :-)

Dovino's Restaurant looks like a nice place to dine out.

~Ron

Pat said...

How fun doing things with your sister! Hope your daughter did well at the craft show!

It looked like a great day to go to an orchard!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you all really had a wonderful time! Praise God!!! I really like the picture of that big mural on the wall in the restaurant! That is beautiful!

God Bless you!!!

A brother in Christ!!!