That is what I heard in our backyard yesterday morning. It was LOUD because there were between 10 and 20 crows in the trees. I went out to see what was going on - - - because we generally never have crows in our back yard. They flew away when I opened the door but came back when I went inside.
So I got my camera and had difficulty getting good shots because I was shooting into the light. Trying to find a better angle by running around the backyard would have been pointless because if I tried, then the bevy of boisterous birds would be gone. I finally saw what they were hollering about.
Whoooooooo
can say Beautiful?!! Don't you love it when God shows you something extraordinary on an ordinary day?
And speaking of beautiful, look at what my daughter made for me for Christmas.
If you want to see one more set of snow pictures, please visit her blog. She has pictures of the Blue Ridge Mountains and they are picture postcard pretty.

12 comments:
Wow---what a gorgeous OWL... At first I thought you were going to say it was a hawk--because our crows go crazy around here if there is a hawk nearby... BUT an owl??? WOW--how beautiful.
Loved seeing your daughter and son-in-law's snow... Unbelievable. And your necklace is GORGEOUS.
Happy New Year.
Hugs,
Betsy
That is a great capture that must have been really exciting; I know I would have been! And that necklace your daughter made for you really is beautiful! Thank you for sharing!
God Bless you and your family!!!
Lon
That owl is just breathtaking; so gorgeous.
I wish he would come my way and share some wisdom with me. :)
I do wonder why the crows were so mad though...just crabby?
The necklace is just beautiful, I am sure you will enjoy it for years and years to come. Daughters are the best!
What a great picture of the owl. The crows around our house have been squawking because of a hawk. Crows can certainly be noisy.
Your daughter made a beautiful necklace.
I hope you and your family have a very healthy and happy New Year.
VERY beautiful owl. Random trivia: That is a barred owl. One of the prettier varieties in my opinion, although my favorite is still the Snowy owl. Grandmother would have loved your pictures. How did I know it was a barred owl? Ahem, owl pictures with labels from her scrapbook.
Hi miss Lynda, An Owl..how lucky are you anyway! That necklace is beautiful..your daughter is very talented! :)
Lucky to be able to get close enough for a picture of an owl. It's great to have zoom lens. Crows sure can be loud. I too, like the necklace your daughter made. You'll be able to wear it a lot. Have a great New Years Eve! jo
How neat to see an owl! I've been visiting your daughter's blog and love their home and its view. The necklace is just lovely - I know you will enjoy wearing it and will receive lots of compliments. Happy New Year friend.
We have those darn crows by the thousands in our town. Crow capitol of the country - with over 200,000. Noisy, loud, disgusting things - messy too!! Owls are their natural predators but, our crows pay them no attention anymore. LOL - I would gladly send you a few more.
And, your necklace is very pretty. What a nice gift.
Fabulous picture of the owl. Will stop by your daughter's blog. Love the Blue Ridge! Wishes to you and your family for all good things in the new year.
We have a snow owl that lives down the road from us....we've seen him for years, but can't manage to get a good picture.
Your necklace is beautiful, as are your daughters snow pictures!
Wishing you and yours a happy new year!
I am just now getting caught up on your blog. I am going to echo all the other comments - loved the owl. How wonderful to be able to photograph that!! Truly one of God's amazing creatures!Yay for Amanda for knowing which kind it was and also for making the BEAUTIFUL necklace!!!
Post a Comment