Our church was decorated a week ago for Christmas. Today tables were added for the banquet that was held for our senior adults this evening. They had about 270 confirmed but possibly more would have shown up. The trees you will see outside were given to us by one of the church members who has a nursery. They are planted in the ground and were all completely straight until our high winds.
If you are tired of looking at our church - - - then I would skip the rest of this post. Remember it is all new to us still since we have only been there for 2 1/2 months.
The double doors are the middle entrance to the sanctuary.
Each centerpiece was from Department 56. Someone had enough and allowed the church to borrow them. Then a simple circle garland was added for a bit more festivity.
Notice the evergreen on the stairs.
Since you have now seen about a gazillion pictures of the Commons Area, let me finally take you into the sanctuary.
You actually enter on the ground floor. There are no entrances in the balcony area. You use the stairs.
The doors are the ones you saw in the commons area. It is not the only entrance. The sanctuary seats 1,400.
Doors above are on left in this picture below. The library where I work is underneath this area of the balcony.
All the chairs are comfortable but especially these on the ground floor.
Back to the Commons Area one more time. Look at this pretty arrangement which can be found just inside the church's entrance. The second picture shows the thinness of the container. And that's all for tonight - - - it's more than enough, isn't it?
I was glad when they said unto me, Let us go into the house of the LORD. Psalms 122:1










11 comments:
Absolutely gorgeous church, Lynda. I can only imagine how proud you and your congregation are of it. It is FABULOUS.
Hugs,
Betsy
Thank you for showing more of your new church building. It is very beautiful, and I like your Christmas decorations.
it is all so beautifully decorated! I am sure it was fun to plan how it would be decorated this year with the new building!! looks like a very nice sanctuary indeed!
betty
I thoroughly enjoyed touring your new church building. It is really lovely, especially decorated with the special Christmas touches. Thank you for sharing the pictures with me. I can now "picture" you in my mind busily working in the library of this House of Worship. Enjoy your day Lynda.
Wow your church is certainly big! And those seats sure look comfy! The Christmas decorations look really nice!
Your church is shining brightly!!!
I love the trees out front and the table centerpieces!!!!
So pretty...have a great day!
This really is a very beautiful church! I love the pictures you shared, and the decorations are marvelous!
God's Blessings to you, and everyone!!!
Lon
Lovely photos and your church is gorgeous.
Those lucky seniors (o:
It looks great inside and out.
I am sure you are so proud and thankful..and to be able to work there too.
Everything looks so pretty for Christmas and I loved seeing the pictures of the sanctuary. I hadn't seen that part yet but the girls told me how pretty it was. I like the colors they went with. Hope you are doing well. Missy
I am excited that we will get to see the new building while it is decorated for Christmas!! Can't wait!
Post a Comment