The Zoo?
An art gallery?
No, we did not go either of those places - - yesterday. The above picture was taken inside the lobby of our doctors' offices. It does not have stripes but rather each piece of metal is hung with a horizontal curve - - like an undulating wave. When you look at it without a flash camera, you see a nice coppery sheen - - actually quite beautiful and relaxing.
Our reason for being there was to get my bloodwork results which showed the thryoid function back in normal range. Also, in that little bit of time, my cholesterol and glucose both improved due to the increased metabolism - - - even if I did gain weight! Praise God. I have had more energy in the last week - - but it has been a small roller coaster ride. Right now with the holidays, feeling better has been very welcome.
My husband had another vacation day to take so after the appointment, we went to eat lunch where we had this view.
We had lunch at Sugar's Ribs.
This is one of the half dozen sauces on the table.
Have you ever heard of "goopy"? It's a real word. Look at www.dictionary.com if you doubt it. The goats are in pens on the side yard. Don't even think about going to see them without a treat. You will be ignored. The server will give you scraps - - - like cornbread.
We thought about stopping at the mall on the way home.
But this was the traffic at the end of the exit ramp waiting to get into the mall's parking lot.
We said there was nothing there that we cared about that much to battle the traffic and crowds so we came home! . . . . but we did have a fun half day together.
And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats: Matthew 23:32


12 comments:
That is wonderful news, the good results from your tests!! You deserved to celebrate. And that does look like a great place to eat... I don't blame you for not wanting to deal with all that traffic. I've did a lot of my shopping online this year... Oh, those goats are so adorable!!!
Praising the Lord that your results came back good, praying it just continues to get better.
Looks like a fun day...yikes that Hamilton Place was that busy. Glad I'm done shopping.
I've got a son who lives near Hamilton Mall, Lynda... He's in the Brainard area... As close as he is, I don't see him as often as I wish I would... He stays so busy...
I've never heard of Sugar's Ribs... I will have to ask my Jeff if he has heard of it... Sounds wonderful...
Congrats on the good doctor's report.
Hugs,
Betsy
Glad you got a good doctor's report and you were getting back some energy! I'm with you; I would have not wanted to get in that traffic for shopping and then the hassle of trying to find a place to park, etc.
Glad you and hubby enjoyed the time together though!
betty
Looks like you had a really great day - glad you had a good report from the doctor. Here's hoping that you continue to feel better every day,
Jane
Wonderful news from your Dr. Glad you enjoyed your lunch and the cornbread-eating goat is cute as can be! Christmas blessings to you and yours.
Glad you had a good Saturday! Wish you to have a great week... I have never heard of a goat eating cornbread! See, you learn things even if you are not at school! :)
I am so glad your Dr's appointment went well. Great news!!!!
Love the artwork...so pretty.
I love goats...they have the coolest eyes. I use the word goopy at least one time a week. :)
take care!!!
Glad to hear your blood work came back okay. That's ALWAYS great news!
First time visitor. I had to comment that I enjoyed your "defense" of Christmas letters on another blog. My spouse "the English Teacher" insists I write ours. Go figure. Actually I enjoy doing it. And I think most of our far away friends and relatives do as well. :)
Glad you had a fun outing and saved yourself from the MALL...lol
Glad you are feeling better.
A little energy is a very good thing (o:
the goats are cute...and hungry (o:
I praise God for your good results!!! This is wonderful news!!! God is great!!! Love the photos you shared too!!! Also I want to thank you for sharing God's Word!!!
I know God will keep blessing you, and I praise Him for this!!!
From your brother and friend in Christ Jesus,
Lon
Post a Comment