It is a new year and I have reunited with some former friends. I have missed them so much that I offered them money for us to get together again. In the last three weeks, we have seen each other SIX times! We meet for exercise and have the best conversations. Even if I didn’t feel the physical need to visit with them, they would still be great fun to hang out with. So how many have guessed I am back in physical therapy?!!
There is some mild arthritis in my hands but my main problem is a trigger finger probably caused by a lateral band injury. It has been swollen and at times painful. However, I know I recognized some relief this past week when my attitude went from, “Give me a knife so I can remove this finger,” to “The exercises and finger splint are returning mobility and have decreased my pain.” My plan is to avoid another cortisone injection - - because they don’t cure - - just alleviate symptoms for a while. Also, I would like to avoid surgery. Only time will tell. All that to say, I highly recommend Phyllis at Ocoee Physical Therapy.
And the pictures did have something to do with some other friends. Three of my girlfriends and I went to lunch at Ocoee Dam Deli. If you visit the link, please enlarge the last page on the bottom right. It tells about the owners and their philosophies.
The décor is rustic. Here are the supports for one of the tables.
Yes, it's part of a tree. Here is the top of another.
It comes up through the center of a large square table. The boards for the table attach to these tree branches.
The animals pictured above decorate the stage area where musicians perform on Friday night. Videos of white water rafting play on a TV. And the sandwiches - - - - are DELICIOUS!!!! Each one is named for a dam somewhere in the USA. The name of state where the dam is located follows the name of the sandwich. We had a wonderful time together.





13 comments:
Oh dear...that sounds very painful. Hope it gets better real soon (o:
I use to take care of a neighbors house when they were gone and the was a wild boar head on the wall as you went down the stairs... I hated it and I was afraid to go there after dark. Oh, did I say I was an adult (o:
A very interesting place and great sounding sandwiches. So sorry about your hands/finger. By chance, have you tried the warm parafin wax dip for relief? That was helpful to me many years ago. Hope you have a nice weekend. I wonder if we will get snow again?
Hi Lynda, That sounds like a wonderful deli.. That family seems to be very interested in keeping everything natural and healthy.. That's NEAT.. Loved reading the disclaimer saying that they do not eat bacon or fried foods..
Love the 'dam' theme... I need to start a restaurant with a waterfall theme, don't I??? Or --maybe a bird theme... ha
Sorry about your visits to PT.. BUT-if it helps, then it is worth it. I am having some problems with my hand also (burning and tingling during the night)--so I think I may have Carpal Tunnel... I hope not --but it's my right hand (I am left-handed)--and that is the hand I use when guiding the mouse on my computer. Fun Fun!! It's DARN HARD to get old is all I can say...
We have LOTS of snow up here this morning. Glad we don't have to get out!!!! It's pretty and the birds are feasting at the feeders and bath.
Have a great weekend.
Hugs,
Betsy
I am so sorry that you are having this kind of pain! I will keep praying for our God to heal you in the wonderful name of our Lord Jesus!
Lon
So sorry to hear about your finger, ouch! We'll place that on our prayer list and remember you daily. May the Lord give your relief and healing.
Now we pass the Ocoee Dam Deli often, because my dad lives up in Grease Creek.....so we really need to stop and eat there. The girls always say oh mom remember Miss Lynda says it's good :) now we need to make plans to go.
Hope you have a great weekend.
Laura
You scared me there for a minute, saying that you reunited with some friends and then I glimpsed at pictures of some scary animals!
Hope your finger feels better soon!
Hello Lynda, Good friends make the world and for women, our life. I read on another Blog how being married prolongs a man's life and having girl friends prolongs a woman's..I get with my friends at Maccas (MacDonalds) every Tuesday. This next one may be out due to the floods. Will post some pics in a day or two, it is devestating.
Oh...
Eating red meat (it has acid) will increase the pain. Taking 2x Omega 3 oil capsules will help, but it will take time with this as it is natural therapy. xx
Haven't been to see my good friends at the PT place around the corner -- thankfully -- but I am grateful that they're there. I've spent several sessions with them for my ankle. I thank Rob, the last physical therapist that I worked with, for the best diagnosis and treatment of a forty year problem. It really made a big difference in my ability to walk with minimal pain. I, too, was set against any use of cortisone and I have been able to avoid it. Wishing you relief from your pain.
The restaurant looks great. I am hoping to visit friends in the Smokies in the next year and it would be fun to try it.
I hope physical therapy helps with your finger. I can understand why you want to put off injections or surgery as long as possible.
The deli sounds like a neat place. I like the decor and their sandwiches sound delicous.
So sorry you are feeling ANY type of pain...I hope the therapy helps you out.
The lunch place sounds delightful...love the tree motif. :)
Have a great weekend.
Suz
I sure am glad that dog was not alive when I read the post he looked bad mad.
Hope the therapy works and you get out of pain soon.
Lunch sounded good.
Oh trigger finger. Friend Connie of Far Side just had surgery on hers. Sounds like a painful symptom. Your lunch outing sounds like a great a place and good food.
Have a great day, jo
Post a Comment