Pages

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Missing Something?


I miss people's birthdays!  My intentions are to send cards and have plenty of them to send.  Some are kept in the laptop hinged desk purchased at a quilt fair /craft show with my sister a few years ago.  Many cards are kept in these storage containers.


Often special cards that remind me of a certain person will be purchased when seen at a store.  Can they be found when I want them?  No.  So even though I have had a good system, it is time to try another.

I will label each folder with the types of cards, e.g., Birthday-Funny-For Friends.  And once the cards are organized, to help me remember the important dates, they are being entered in my Google Calendar with email reminders!
Yesterday my cell phone was missing for a while - - but it was by choice.   It needed repair because unlike the land line receivers that could be balanced between your ear and shoulder, cell phones tend to slide and fall - - which mine did - - - onto a concrete floor!  Ouch.  Praise God for the hard plastic protector.  It took most of the impact but my "send" key popped up higher than my touch screen.  We did NOT purchase insurance on our phones and had been warned, "It will cost you  $400 to replace it."  So even though I could still answer the phone with the touch screen, it bothered me that I had been careless and damaged it.  

So imagine how happy I was when running errands yesterday and saw a bunch of signs around a Cellular store that said, "We REPAIR phones."  For those in Cleveland, Cell Rx Phone Repair Center is in the Cooke's Plaza.  They can even fix water damage if caught early enough and repair broken screens!  Even if you don't need a repair but want accessories, stop in and visit them.  They are very nice Christian men.  One is in seminary at Lee after recently returning from serving on the mission field.  You would enjoy talking with  them even if you don't need a repair.  I am extremely pleased with my repair, rapid repair time, and fair price.

And one other thing we are glad to be missing is ice on the roads!!!!!  It's almost totally clear.

 
Driveway, too.  I love our neighbor's house in the upper left corner.  It is cedar siding and looks perfect sitting in our woods.


Organize yourselves . . . . 2 Chronicles 35:4a    The Message

7 comments:

Allen said...

You know I heard that Florida was the only state that did not have any snow this year. WOW that is crazy huh?

Happy Birthday Miss Lynda!! I know its a day early, but better early than never?? <3

Anonymous said...

You are so smart to have everything organized! I'm so glad your roads & drive are clearing too. I see from Allen's comment that you have a birthday??? Happy Happy Day dear Lynda!

Lynda said...

Yes - - - a milestone - - - turning 60 on Sunday.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Lynda, I think we are sisters-of-the-heart. I spent some time this week cleaning my Computer Room/Office. AND on a couple of shelves --very unorganized---were my boxes and bags of cards... I send birthday cards and anniversary cards --along with thinking of you and sympathy at times. ANYHOO---I got me a huge shoebox and some big tabs --and I organized them all.... That's crazy that you mentioned getting your cards organized also....

We finally had some melting today --in the sunny spots.. BUT-there's still alot of snow on our deck and in the shady areas. I'll be glad to see it GO for awhile...

Hope you are having a good weekend.
Hugs,
Betsy

George said...

I'm very impressed with your card organization. I'll admit that I'm very unorganized, but I married an organized angel.
I'm glad you found a good place to get your cell phone repaired.

Busy Bee Suz said...

I need help with birthday cards too...I am semi-organized. And that really is not helpful enough. I waste money on cards that I forget to send...or forget to buy them before the date.
Glad to hear you were able to get your phone repaired. Love those cell phones, but dang, they can be such an i$$ue.
Yippee for clear roads for you!!!!

Caribbean Cindy said...

I have the same pink card organizer box, Lynda!! It's been a big help to me. I love your folder idea! Glad to know about the phone repair place, too! So glad they did a good job for you!